Firefox PHP

User Rank Module

Posted by Chris Eaton 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
userrank_profile.php 503 bytes open | download Soeren Fuhrmann 10/21/2004 Read message
mod_userrank-v1_2.tar.bz2 2.5 KB open | download Soeren Fuhrmann 10/28/2004 Read message
userrank-1.3.tar.bz2 2.8 KB open | download Brian Moon 09/05/2006 Read message
shot.png 36.9 KB open | download Brian Moon 09/05/2006 Read message
userrank.php 2.8 KB open | download Yves Julien 11/14/2006 Read message
userrank-for-5.2.diff.txt 1.2 KB open | download matthewg 01/13/2008 Read message
User Rank Module
July 31, 2004 10:47AM
Similar to many other message boards, this module lets you create "ranks" for users based on their number of posts. It supports a practically unlimited number of ranks, although if you set thousands of them it could start getting slower.

It also supports custom ranks for individual users.

You can set a rank that all Anonymous (not logged in) users get.

You can also have it base the ranks on the number of posts a user has made in the last 30 days, instead of his total post count. This is more of a "nifty" feature, as turning it on will make reading threads slower.

To use it, simply install the module (extract the package into /your_phorum_directory/mods), and configure it in the admin. You will also have to add {MESSAGES->mod_userrank} somewhere in your read.tpl and read_threads.tpl templates, so that the rank will appear on the page.

Download: [www.hiredgoons.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2004 10:50AM by Tridus.
Re: User Rank Module
August 02, 2004 06:05AM
Excellent mod. Fixed my probles with assigning special ranks for the publishing authors, as opposed to regular users. Great job, thanks!

Greetz,

Godai

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu
August 23, 2004 09:56PM
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nitin/public_html/forum/mods/userrank/settings.php on line 61

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nitin/public_html/forum/mods/userrank/settings.php on line 86

wot do i do about these warnings
August 24, 2004 09:28PM
Man, I wish php's foreach loop could handle that properly.

Does that come up when you have any ranks defined, or initially? I'm betting that if you add one, it will go away.
August 25, 2004 11:27AM
Maybe if you check isarray() before the foreach?

I have not seen the code but that might be it.

Panu
August 25, 2004 12:20PM
Well I wasn't checking if it was set at all, which you can do with isset().

I still think that once its been set to something, the problem should go away entirely. Anyway, I've released a version to fix it.

New Version: 1.1
Fixes - Warnings in settings should go away

Download: [www.hiredgoons.ca]
August 29, 2004 09:07PM
Hi,

i have inserted {MESSAGES->userrank} here:

read_threads.tpl:
<div class="PhorumReadBodyHead">{LANG->Postedby}: <strong>{MESSAGE->linked_author}</strong> ({MESSAGE->ip}) {MESSAGES->mod_userrank}</div>

read.tpl:
<div class="PhorumReadBodyHead">{LANG->Postedby}: <strong>{MESSAGES->linked_author}</strong> ({MESSAGES->ip}) {MESSAGES->mod_userrank}</div>

My problem:
for my created forum i use 'Read Threads Expanded = Yes' in the admin forum display settings.

But i see no user rank, only:
Re: Test Message
Posted by: Stoebi (IP Logged)

If i set 'Read Threads Expanded = No' in the admin forum display settings, i can see the user rank:

Re: Test Message
Posted by: Stoebi (IP Logged) - Userrank Newbie

Please help me, i want see the user ranks with 'Read Threads Expanded = Yes', too

Regards, Stöbi

Hmmm, curiously for me, because i changed {MESSAGES->mod_userrank} in {MESSAGE->mod_userrank} in read_threads.tpl. It works now.

Where is the logic? I can not understand this really.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2004 12:00AM by Stoebi.
August 30, 2004 06:29AM
Yeah I keep forgetting that in read_threads.tpl it is MESSAGE and not MESSAGES. Probably because there is only one message.
August 30, 2004 01:09PM
Similar problem. Tried to put user ranks into profile.tpl...

Displayed null.

Any idea, please?

Greetz,

Godai

___
Polskie Centrum WebKomiksu
August 30, 2004 03:22PM
The variable is not set on the profile page. I could release a new version that enables it there as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login