Firefox PHP

User Rank Module

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Re: User Rank Module, profile Hook in control.php
October 28, 2004 08:26AM
Sorry, had some error with tar and had to remove attachment. Here is the real one.
Attachments:
open | download - mod_userrank-v1_2.tar.bz2 (2.5 KB)
Re: User Rank Module
October 28, 2004 08:42AM
Looks good.

Before I release a new version of this myself, I've been debating on if we need the word "rank" or not when showing the rank. For example, do we want this:

"Rank: Something"

As opposed to just "something".

I only ask because if we want the word rank, I'm going to localize it so it can be in multiple languages. I'd rather not do that, because localizing it for one word seems pretty silly, but if people want it... :)

So let me know.
October 28, 2004 09:51AM
I do use a label "rank".

Since you've already written some "example" localization module, there's probably no motivation to do another one. I think I would be a good idea, but I don't know the costs... :)
October 28, 2004 04:42PM
Well the only cost is that its an extra file for Phorum to load, for one word. Seems pretty silly, but its the only reasonable way to do it if we need text in the module.
November 01, 2004 09:09AM
I just realized that I forgot the custom user ranks in the profile-hooked function, as well as the 30 days average. Maybe you could add that in the next version, after having managed the localization.
November 21, 2004 04:40PM
Hi,
how can we put the number of messages posted with the rank ?

Thanks in advance
November 22, 2004 03:34AM
With the rank in read.tpl like :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2004 03:38AM by notre-planete.info.
November 23, 2004 03:16PM
Do you mean the number of messages the user has, or the number of messages needed to obtain the rank?

The number of messages the user has is already available in the profile as {PROFILE->posts}, and in read.tpl as {MESSAGES->user->posts}. So I wouldn't have to add that to the module, as its a template change.
November 23, 2004 03:33PM
New Version, 1.3.

Changes:
- User Ranks work on the Profile and CC Summary pages.
- Localized, supported language in this release is English. (only word is "Rank" anyway, but its there if you need it)
- Added readme.txt file with template suggestions.

Download: [www.hiredgoons.ca]

This is the first one I am distributing as a zip file instead of a tar.gz. If you prefer one format over the other, let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2004 03:34PM by Tridus.
pat
tar.gz
November 23, 2004 04:15PM
why is anyone using tar.gz anyway is there a real advantage?

pat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login