Firefox PHP

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Re: Avatar Module
June 29, 2005 05:52AM
I finally discovered the reason for the bug.

If you click into the control panel from inside a forum that requires a login to access, it basically hides all your avatars.

the imagesize() check that the avatar module does refers to the image as an URL.

unfortunately in these cases the server will get a login prompt instead of an image.

I am told that the file.php requires the forum_id like that in order to keep people from accessing attachements they aren't suppose to. unfortunately these avatars which are not supposed to be connected to any forum specifically are also being blocked.

perhaps a way to solve this gracefully might be to relate files to the forum they are attached to in the database.

i was able to hack this problem by allowing my authentication module to let all requests to file.php past.

cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2005 05:54AM by rheo.
July 06, 2005 05:44AM
hi everyone given that i am the most inexperienced newbie in here i looking for helpwith avatars.

i downloaded the latest mod, followed all the procedure on the readme, activated the mod on the admin panel, but i still cannot see my avatar that i selected on theeditavatar sections on any post i do.

i think that the problem is in where i actually put the lines in the read.tpl edit.tpl post_form.tpl...the only one where i can see the avatar is when clicking on my profile

can anyone explain mewhere i precisely have to put the commands.

i have èhorum 5.0.16 with eugenol template

thanx

julius

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2005 05:45AM by tojulius.
July 19, 2005 10:53AM
If you are having bother with Avatars when you add your custom profile field to make sure you don't check disable html...
August 16, 2005 03:27AM
The thread's pretty long and I haven't read it all, so I hope this hasn't been addressed yet.

For cc_menu.tpl:

{IF mod_avatar->enabled}
&bull;<a class="PhorumNavLink" href="{mod_avatar->url}">{LANG->mod_avatar->EditAvatars}</a><br />
{/IF}

For some reason, "Edit My Avatars" disappears when I go to that. I can go to any other link on in the ControlCenter's navigation, but going to the avatar mod page makes it disappear from the links while that page is open.

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
August 16, 2005 08:20AM
I've noticed that also. But haven't worried about it since your currently there.

http://www.krang.org
August 16, 2005 05:19PM
Yeah, I was trying to validate my pages and it really threw me off. I was like "if it's not there... how did I get there?" and stared at the screen for a while, really confused. Thought maybe it was due to having not taken the meds yet! And then when I decided to move on I realized that going to other links brought it back again. That's very odd. I'm guessing the page doesn't have anything that would recognize the if avatar mod as enabled.

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
October 26, 2005 02:55AM
For some reason with the snapshot version the module doesnt work anymore. That is it doesnt show up in the posts anymore......

Sergej

------------------------------------------
^AU^ Assassins United
[www.assassinsunited.com]
Attachments:
open | download - posting_messageform.tpl (19.4 KB)
November 07, 2005 06:41AM
I think I did all the changes needed for running this module agains 5.1.4-alpha (and a couple of dev versions before that should work as well). I set the version number to 3.0.0 in the module, because it really does some things differently.

The disappearing menu item (about which is talked in previous postings) has been fixed as well. The menu item also fits nicely in the menu structure that is used in the current dev tree if you take the template code from the readme.txt.

BTW: I do not own the module now, I only helped you people in the right direction for using it against the latest 5.1 releases. So for further support, please keep referring to this thread ;-)

NOTICE: If you are going to put this module over an already installed module, be sure to go to the admin panel and do: avatar module off -> save -> avatar module on -> save. The structure of the module changed a little and Phorum won't see the change until you do this.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2005 07:07AM by mmakaay.
Attachments:
open | download - avatar.tar.gz (6.9 KB)
November 07, 2005 06:50AM
Thnx Maurice, me love you long time. A big thnx from the AU clan as well and other users :-))

Sergej

^AU^ Assassins United
[www.assassinsunited.com]
November 09, 2005 03:27PM
Hi! So I installed the Modul the way described in the readme. After this I uploaded a .jpg file (90x90xpx, maximum is 100x100) and I can't select an avatar. What can I do?

EDIT:

No it works... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2005 03:33PM by Jan_Z.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login