Firefox PHP

Poll Module

Posted by arlo 
Re: Poll Module
September 21, 2004 07:42PM
For either or for both? (Editting and then the other was being only one vote per user overall?)

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
September 21, 2004 07:56PM
The normal way this module works is that a registered user can only vote once on any given poll, unless they cancel and change their vote. Either way they still only get one vote.

Editing a poll after its been created isn't supported through any GUI. You can do it by editing the post directly in the database, as the poll should be stored in the metadata. This is not a trivial task though.

It *could* be added to the module, but again it would be nontrivial.
September 21, 2004 07:59PM
I guess I'll have to edit it through the database, since I made a few spelling errors. =P

Edit: And somehow I messed up editting it and killed that new poll completely.

If anyone is interested, aside from having an edit option, I think it'd be really cool if the administrator got to see who exactly voted and what for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2004 08:28PM by portal of curiousity.
September 22, 2004 06:33AM
The reason why its a nontrivial task to just edit the database is that its stored in serialized form, and you can't just start changing it without knowing what you are doing. (editing a standard database field *is* trivial)

As with everything else, the data to see who voted for what is there, but someone will have to code it up themselves. IMHO its a bad idea.
September 23, 2004 12:07PM
In my phorum visitors can vote for a lot of time... How can i decrease this number to just 1 vote??? Thanx.
September 23, 2004 01:28PM
Did you forget to put in the custom field mod_poll in Admin?

Posted by: stevehealy (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2004 07:01PM

I came across a strange error with this module.

I forgot to create the custom field mod_poll, created a poll, and was able to vote several times without it realizing I had voted. Then I went back and created mod_poll, which stopped me from voting more, but the old bogus votes which I put in are still there.

September 23, 2004 01:35PM
God damn! ;) Sorry. Thanx!
paw
September 26, 2004 01:42PM
ts77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> use stuff like that
> $text=
> isset($PHORUM['DATA']['LANG']['GlobalStats'])?$PHO
> RUM['DATA']['LANG']['GlobalStats']:"Global Forum
> Statistics";
>
> you can put localized strings in the standard
> language-file and have a default if its not set.
>
> --
> Thomas Seifert
> Phorum Development Team

Could you explein what is the reason of this stuff? I try to change in this way my lang. definition but nothing is change.

September 26, 2004 01:56PM
When you add 'GlobalStats' to you non english language file and then replace the hardcoded language string in the mod, it get's replaced with the one you put in your language file, if it doesn't exist then the default value is used.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
paw
September 26, 2004 02:00PM
Arlo I test your interesting module but I have two problems:
1) Only administrator can create new poll. How can I provide this function to other user (currently other registered users can vote only)?

2) I change read.tpl and list.tpl in the same way (as you reccomended in readme) but new link appear only in case of read.php. I try to use your example of list.tpl bt it is not help me. What can I try?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login