Firefox PHP

Poll Module

Posted by arlo 
Re: Poll Module
March 05, 2006 12:50PM
Yes, i get the errors on Phorum 5.1.8RC2 -> PHP 5.1.2 -> poll version: 0.2 at our linux webserver ( see phpinfo at www.wunschkinder.net/phorum5/infox.php ) and also on my local apache server Phorum 5.1.8RC2 -> PHP 5.0.0 -> poll version: 0.2 running on windows

The same errors on both installations.
March 08, 2006 01:01AM
Anyone resolve the issue of the Poll not work in the latest release version of Phorum? I'm on a windows server though so that may have something to do with it. MySQL 5.x and phorum5-cvs-2006030310. I'm getting a blank page when I try to post a second vote and blank page when I try to view results. Usually indicates an error, but none is displayed.

Also, one other item of note, if you have the "Smarturl Mod v0.3" running on the forum, you'll have problems because it will convert the post URL into a link that shows up on the screen in the middle of the FORM ACTION tag value....

--------------

One other interesting note I just found out about the blank screen I'm getting is that view the results of the poll works fine when I'm logged out. However, as soon as I log back in and try to view the poll or results, I get a blank screen again....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2006 01:06AM by bluerage.
March 09, 2006 12:57PM
So nobody has any ideas about this at all?
March 09, 2006 05:30PM
Try without the smarturl mod. Does it work then.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
March 09, 2006 06:42PM
I had disabled the smarturl AFTER I already added a poll the first time. And it did not work. But I went ahead and tried it again after disabling smarturl first and it appears to work now.

I guess maybe is was hosing up some of the code when I tried to vote the first time? It seems like you would be able to recreate the error by turning on smarturl, creating a poll, trying to vote once, turning off smarturl, and then trying to vote as someone else or trying to view results... However, that did not seem to work. I think I'll take the stance that it was a one-time glitch and that it won't happen again.

Then I can post again when it does randomly happen to seem even more desparate... :)

Thanks
NOOB needs Help
March 13, 2006 11:50AM
I cannot seem to get this mod working!
I am new to php, mysql, phorum, and basically everything.

I put the "poll" folder from the zip into my mod directory of my phorum
I then created a mod_poll custom profile
I then edited my .tpl files according to the readme and the examples posted by arlo
I turned the poll on under admin --> modules.

My "new poll" link appears as it should for a registered user, but...

1. I get an ...
"Warning: Unhandled page type. in /www/u/uwgpikecom/htdocs/phorum/common.php on line 565" ... at the top of my phorum (if a registered user is logged in)

2. the "new Poll" button sends me to a file not found...
"The requested URL /powweb-bin/php4/phorum/.php was not found on this server."

Please Help, I am new and still learning so any help should be dummed down for a beginner if possible.

Thanks
March 13, 2006 12:11PM
Please read *all* the posts on this page:
[www.phorum.org]

--
Amilcar Lucas
www.kdevelop.org webmaster
Re: NOOB needs Help
March 13, 2006 12:27PM
I think what Amilcar was trying to say is that you probably have a different version of the phorum than this module will support. It can be made to work however. Specifically read pages 15 and 16 of this topic and it should help you solve the problem...
March 24, 2006 10:08AM
Hi,

take care to not check the "disable HTML"-option when adding the custom profile field. I just searched some hours because the module wouldn't work like expected. Now it's working fine with 5.1.10.

Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
April 05, 2006 05:23AM
Hi,

is there someone who changed the poll module so that it isn't any longer posible to poll when the corresponding thread is closed?

EDIT

For the moment I did the following changes:

Replace in poll.php line 123
if (!$user_has_voted) {
with
if (!$user_has_voted && !$messages[$key]['closed']) {

line 159
if ($user_has_voted || isset($PHORUM["args"]["showresults"])) {
with
if ($user_has_voted || $messages[$key]['closed'] || isset($PHORUM["args"]["showresults"])) {

line 204
if ($user_has_voted) {
with
if ($user_has_voted && !$messages[$key]['closed']) {

Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2006 06:01AM by Oliver Riesen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login