Firefox PHP

Poll Module

Posted by arlo 
Re: Poll Module (icon message)
April 08, 2005 06:20AM
What's about poll statistic?

For example in admin interface (or just in poll but only for admin) statistic in such form:

1. user1|what answer|time
2. user2|what answer|time

so can somebody help to made it?

thanks

Re: Poll Module
April 08, 2005 03:09PM
I followed the instructions in the .txt file in the zip, but when someone votes in the poll, it doesn't mark that they had voted and lets them vote endlessly. Can someone please help me on that?
April 08, 2005 03:34PM
You did not follow all of the instructions. Read them again.

--
Amilcar Lucas
www.kdevelop.org webmaster
April 08, 2005 05:11PM
ah, yea...very first step. I read it and decided to do the changes in the files first since it was a simple admin thing...oops. :) ty.
April 11, 2005 05:35PM
I'm sorry but can we start from the beginning...?

I installed the version on page 3 or 4, created the new variable, made the changes to the various .tpl files, and activated Poll Mod in the mod control panel. There's no visible links or options to use this mod anywhere on my site.

Can you repeat the instructions, with exact syntax that is to go on which line numbers in which files?
April 12, 2005 04:02AM
jaydub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you repeat the instructions, with exact syntax
> that is to go on which line numbers in which
> files?

All the info is in the install instructions. Try to understand what the instructions mean, not just what you should copy.

Then do what you want and get the strings appear exactly where you want to.

If it doesn't work, come back and tell exactly what you did and then it's easier to give you a specific answer.

There's no need top repeat something that's already written in install instructions.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
April 12, 2005 06:27PM
I'm sorry, it's difficult to understand what the instructions mean without a deep understanding of how Phorum actually works. I barely grasp what read.tpl and list.tpl do, let alone post_form.tpl!!!

From a newbie perspective, you must admit the install instructions are a little vague... Not a criticism, I'm thrilled to death you wrote this mod on your own time!!! Really, it's a special thing. Just a little more guidance would be much appreciated. Side note - One day perhaps someone could write a little overview of what all the elements of Phorum actually do, and what the various fields refer to (e.g., PhorumNavBlock, PhorumTableHeader, etc.)? It would certainly cut down newbie questions like these...

Anyhow, here is where I am:

1) created the new profile field: mod_poll

2) added {IF POLLFORM}{POLLFORM}{/IF} to line 62 of post_form.tpl. I chose this line number because it is just before the textarea body (as suggested by your instructions?). Does this sound right? It is after the </table></div> belonging to the signatures & if logged in, etc.

3) added {IF NEWPOLLURL}<a class="PhorumNavLink" href="{NEWPOLLURL}">New Poll</a>{/IF} to line 21 of list.tpl (just after the {IF PAGES}blah blah blah{/IF}), and also to line 24 of read.tpl (just before {loop MESSAGES}

4) enabled the mod in the mod control panel

There are no visible clues that any of this code has been added to the site. Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I'm clueless in Toronto...
April 12, 2005 06:44PM
disable the forum and enable it again.

--
Amilcar Lucas
www.kdevelop.org webmaster
April 13, 2005 05:04AM
jaydub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are no visible clues that any of this code
> has been added to the site. Obviously I am doing
> something wrong, but I'm clueless in Toronto...

In module settings who has the right to create a poll? All registered users or admins only?

There's a good summary about template changes on page 6 of this thread.

Otherwise your changes seem correct.

The tpl-files are normal html files with some simple logic in them (the {if}'s etc.)

So there's some logic and then there's strings.

What you are trying to do is to display a string (and a link) if mod_poll is enabled. So in theory you can put the stuff mentioned in the first message of this thread/install.txt almost anywhere you want in the templates and they should work just fine.

To debug you can put something irrelevant inside the {if NEWPOLLURL}{/if} for example. That way you know if Phorum sees that the mod is even functional, or if itäs a language issue or something.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
April 25, 2005 02:53PM
What do I have to modify to allow either the [ img ] tag or the < img > in the choice.

ex

favorite image?

1. < img src="img1.gif" >
2. < img src="img2.gif" >
3 < img src="img3.gif" >

http://www.krang.org
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login