Firefox PHP

You Are Here mod

Posted by D. Alan Stewart 
Re: modify display
December 22, 2004 02:41PM
There is a short description in the function (source code) I provided earlier in this thread. Since it is just a function and no complete module (not even a php file), you have to add it to an existing module / create one.

When hooked properly, the function stores the Path in a global Variable, which can be used in your Templates.

I am sorry that I can not build a module for you right now.
forumpath module, inspired by YouAreHere mod
April 27, 2005 10:51AM
Finally I created a working module around the above mentioned forumpath function.

The module creates an Array which represents the current position in the forum tree. The Array should be used within the desired Templates via a LOOP section. An example code is given in the module php file.

Feel free to use and modify it, if you have any suggestions please give feedback :)

PS: Tnx to D. Alan Stewart again ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2005 11:12AM by soeren.
Re: forumpath module, inspired by YouAreHere mod
April 27, 2005 11:09AM
New attachment, just slight change to better match "module conventions".
Attachments:
open | download - forumpath_v1.tar.gz (977 bytes)
Re: forumpath module, inspired by YouAreHere mod
April 27, 2005 01:48PM
how did you know that I would need it right now? ;-)
thanks!!!

Thomas Seifert
Re: You Are Here mod
April 21, 2006 07:04AM
Hi soeren,

with Phorum 5.1.x I get an error when the template is cached the first time: "Template warning: Missing argument for /loop statement".

For the template you propose:

{LOOP FPNAVFORUM}
  {IF FPNAVFORUM->forum_id}&gt;&nbsp;{/IF}<a href="{FPNAVFORUM->url}"><b>{FPNAVFORUM->name}</b></a>
{/LOOP}

I think it should be

{/LOOP FPNAVFORUM}

Bye
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
May 12, 2006 01:09PM
Just installed the You Are Here dated 05/09/2004 on my 5.1.11 install and it works great! Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!

Steel Rat
[infinite-realities.com]
August 30, 2006 09:44AM
Oliver Riesen
Hi soeren,

with Phorum 5.1.x I get an error when the template is cached the first time: "Template warning: Missing argument for /loop statement".
Thanks for the advice, I had not tested 5.1.x when I created the module.
September 02, 2006 10:06AM
Either this module does not work with PHP 5.1.15, or i do not know how to install it. I have downloaded tarball, unpacked it into mods folder, enabled forum path module but still nothing. Do i have to edit some .tpl files perhaps?

I have similar problem with poll module which i simply cannot install... :(

Any help will be apriciated! \o/
September 04, 2006 07:07AM
Hi Dejan,

dejan
Do i have to edit some .tpl files perhaps?

Yes, you have to extend header.tpl. See inline documentation in forumpath.php.

I recommend to add the following code add the fin of header.tpl:

{IF FPNAVFORUM}
          {LOOP FPNAVFORUM}
            {IF FPNAVFORUM->forum_id}&gt;&nbsp;{/IF}<a href="{FPNAVFORUM->url}"><b>{FPNAVFORUM->name}</b></a>
          {/LOOP FPNAVFORUM}<br /><br />
        {/IF}

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
October 12, 2006 06:45AM
I have installed the mod and it works fine except:

When I'm at the forum home page I see: "You are here: "
If I click on the phorum name (above general issues / gossip) I see : "You are here: Forum name"

Is it something to do with my path set up (the latter is index.php4) or should I tweak the setting in this mod? I suppose the best resolution would be for index.php?4 to be the forum home page.

Sorry, but I've slightly confused myself with this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login