Firefox PHP

You Are Here mod

Posted by D. Alan Stewart 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
YouAreHere.tar.gz 869 bytes open | download D. Alan Stewart 04/28/2004 Read message
YouArehere.tar.gz 920 bytes open | download D. Alan Stewart 05/01/2004 Read message
index.php 4.1 KB open | download rheo 05/01/2004 Read message
YouAreHere.tar.gz 943 bytes open | download D. Alan Stewart 05/09/2004 Read message
forumpath.php 1.2 KB open | download Soeren Fuhrmann 10/20/2004 Read message
forumpath_v1.tar.gz 977 bytes open | download Soeren Fuhrmann 04/27/2005 Read message
YouAreHereMiko.tar.gz 1.3 KB open | download peter.hanula 02/14/2007 Read message
breadcrumbs.tpl 189 bytes open | download iamback 03/18/2007 Read message
You Are Here mod
April 28, 2004 10:54PM
This mod displays the current path within the Phorum as a series of links. Useful when your Phorum has nested folders.
Attachments:
open | download - YouAreHere.tar.gz (869 bytes)
Re: You Are Here mod
April 28, 2004 11:02PM
BTW, is there a way to use the PhorumNavLink class without getting the hover behaviour? I use the PhorumNavLink class on the links to ensure that their appearance is consistent with the rest of the Phorum. However, when in a folder or forum listing page the last link is not a link at all, so the PhorumNavLink behaviour is inappropriate in this case.
April 29, 2004 08:28AM
no, the hover is part of the class, sorry.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
April 29, 2004 10:04AM
You could add and id for that specific link and add a a css rule for that id only

so
.PhorumNavLink:hover{xxxx}

#PhorumNavLink_mod:hover{xxxx}

I'm not sure if this fits your mod?

Panu
April 29, 2004 10:01PM

I would find this module more useful if instead of "You are here" it said "Forum Name" (where this is replaced by the name of the forums.)

This name would link to the top level of the Index. Currently there is still no link to the upper level index with or without this module.

/r
April 29, 2004 10:15PM
Isn't that what "Forum List" does in the standard Goto menu?

But yes, the You Are Here module probably should have the root of the Phorum as its first component.
April 29, 2004 10:28PM

no.. "forum list" in the standard goto menu does seem to only bring me to one level above and not to the root.

April 29, 2004 10:29PM

with this as the first component i would also say that actuallying saying "You are here" would be redundant and implied.
April 29, 2004 10:53PM
rheo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > no.. "forum list" in the standard goto menu
> does seem to only bring me to one level above and
> not to the root.

Huh? I have Phorum5 installed on my computer and it does in fact always take me to the Phorum root, regardless of how deep I am. Are you trying it here at www.phorum.org? I haven't found any nested folders at www.phorum.org that would take advantage of You Are Here. "Forum List" in the Goto menu only goes up one level because there is only one level.

Go look at my running club's Phorum installation at [atlanta-singles-running.org]. It's still Phorum3, but I've hacked to have a similar feature to what You Are Here offers for Phorum5
April 29, 2004 11:02PM

i am speaking of my own..

and in my case the typical "go to: forum list" link does only bring me up one level.. i wonder.. hmm..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login