{IF FPNAVFORUM}
  {LOOP FPNAVFORUM}
    {IF FPNAVFORUM->name}
      {IF FPNAVFORUM->forum_id}> {/IF}
      <a href="{FPNAVFORUM->url}"><b>{FPNAVFORUM->name}</b></a>
    {/IF}
  {/LOOP FPNAVFORUM}
{/IF}

on the main index page, however, I see 'Forums', I'd rather have it not show anything if I'm at a root.

Also, this mod, from what I can tell, doesn't work with virtual roots.
improved YouAreHere
February 14, 2007 09:15AM
I patched module a bit so it can be translated (yeah, one string!) and works properly when virtual root is set. Also makes last item in path strong.

edit: I almost forgot to mention the best feature of all! If there's only one element it path it does not display anything ! :-)))

edit2: It seems you have much better version by now using templates and obeying module conventions etc. This one's based on last version by D. Alan Stewart so it does not use such features. But good enough for me :-))

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 09:23AM by peter.hanula.
Attachments:
open | download - YouAreHereMiko.tar.gz (1.3 KB)
Re: You Are Here mod
February 22, 2007 05:14PM
Hi

Just upgraded to 5.19 and I get the error:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for mod_YouAreHere() in /pathto/eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/mods/YouAreHere/YouAreHere.php on line 13

You can see it here

any ideas what I should do?

thanks

Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2007 05:28PM by MarkFresh.
February 22, 2007 05:27PM
I have deleted $data from

function mod_YouAreHere ($data)

and it's working now
Re: forumpath module, inspired by YouAreHere mod
March 18, 2007 03:21AM
soeren
New attachment, just slight change to better match "module conventions".
Nice mod - I'm using it on my brand-new travel Forum site.

I have just a small addition: rather than copying that code to all templates where I wanted it visible, wrapped it in an extra div with a class to provide a hook for styling, and made that into a template. Now all you have to do is {INCLUDE breadcrumbs}; and of course with a template any changes and styling will be consistent across pags.

My template attached - which includes Oliver Riesen's fix for the LOOP end.

-- Marjolein Katsma * Marjolein's Travel blog * Marjolein's Travel Forum
The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.
-- Rudyard Kipling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2007 03:37AM by iamback.
Attachments:
open | download - breadcrumbs.tpl (189 bytes)
March 18, 2007 06:11AM
This looks like the template has to be put in the template directories. There is a new feature in Phorum (since 5.1.16 or so) which makes the use of templates inside module directories possible. So that way, you wont have to edit all templates and the mod becomes more of a drop-in module. See the blogs section for info on this ("Making life easiere for module writers").

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 18, 2007 06:46PM
mmakaay
This looks like the template has to be put in the template directories. There is a new feature in Phorum (since 5.1.16 or so) which makes the use of templates inside module directories possible. So that way, you wont have to edit all templates and the mod becomes more of a drop-in module. See the blogs section for info on this ("Making life easiere for module writers").
True, the way I've implemented it now is with an extra template in my template directory. I'll have a look at how to turn that into a module template. (I keep forgetting about that bit though I've read it at least twice now - it would help if this was turned into a file included in the docs directory.)

Of course other templates still need to be edited to include the little template at the point where you want it to appear. It's mainly that having it as a template makes it easier to change & style while retaining consistency.

I'm considering putting it both at the top and at the bottom of the page so you don't have to scroll (or jump) all the way back up again just to get at the navigation.
March 22, 2007 11:01AM
how do you get the You Are Here mod to appear at the bottom of the page as well as the top? Ideally just before the:

{IF PAGES}
{INCLUDE paging}
{/IF}

on read.tpl

(like on the forum jump menu where I can drop in {MOD_FORUM_JUMPMENU} for it to appear)
March 22, 2007 12:23PM
MarkFresh
how do you get the You Are Here mod to appear at the bottom of the page as well as the top? Ideally just before the:

{IF PAGES}
{INCLUDE paging}
{/IF}

on read.tpl
Just put the same code there in the template, like you (I assume) did at the top. Since I wrapped it in a template (see earlier message), I just put:

{INCLUDE breadcrumbs}
both near the top and the bottom of the page (at the bottom I put it after the paging, to keep the paging together with the actual messages).

-- Marjolein Katsma * Marjolein's Travel blog * Marjolein's Travel Forum
The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.
-- Rudyard Kipling
April 09, 2007 01:44PM
Hello

I am very new to phorum! (2 days) Because of some modules available I am considering switching actual forums (modified phpbb) to phorum.
I have installed the forum and some mods. Looks OK.
But with this one I got this error:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for mod_youarehere() in /home/eugen/public_html/phorum/mods/YouAreHere/YouAreHere.php on line 20

Irrespective where I put the {INCLUDE breadcrumbs} in read.tpl
Can I get some help here?
What to put and where .tpl to have the links on top and bellow the table and why I get this error.
I have installed 5.1.20 phorum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login