Firefox PHP

Idea: Text advertisment module

Posted by jomper 
Idea: Text advertisment module
January 20, 2006 12:11AM
I would like to make it possible to my advertisers to buy text advertising in the thread list.

The idea goes something like an administration interface where you can ad adverts with an expiry date and specify how many that is showed on every thread-list-page.

I think this would be a nice, non-intrusive way to reach my niche forum users for the advertisers and i would probably be able to pay for the module and donate it to the phorum community if there is any interest in it.

In a perfect world it should also be possible have a page with an "advertisment shop" where they could add their own advertisments. Either prepayed or with visa. But that is in a perfect world..

Kind regards.
Re: Idea: Text advertisment module
January 20, 2006 05:41AM
That sounds fine, but I see no reason for it to be tied to Phorum. Or, is there something I am missing?

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
January 20, 2006 08:35AM
What I mean is that I want to replace every tenth subject-row in the thread-list with an advert, as far as i am concerned it would need to be integrated with Phorum but it might be possible to achieve just by some creative templates?

cheers,
Jonas
January 20, 2006 08:56AM
Ok, yes, in that case, it could need to be integrated. That was what I was missing.

Yeah, some PHP code in the templates that counted rows and such may be all you need.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
December 01, 2006 12:21AM
Hi Jomper

Did you manage to get this code sorted out? If so please could you share it as I'm on the lookout for something similar

thanks

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login