Firefox PHP

Terms of Service Module

Posted by Brian Moon 
Re: Terms of Service Module
October 26, 2006 01:55PM
fshagan
quote]"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''20061026')' at line 1: insert into phorum_user_custom_fields (user_id,type,data) VALUES(2,,'20061026')"

I do get two rows in the table when I do the "SELECT `name`,`type`,`data` FROM `phorum_settings` WHERE `name` LIKE 'mod_tos%'" query in phpMyAdmin.[/quote]

This issue is addressed above... the solution appears to be to remove the custom user field and re-add it manually.

Hopefully Oliver will fix the auto field add stuff soon
October 26, 2006 03:33PM
Hi,

freedman
Hopefully Oliver will fix the auto field add stuff soon.

I just installed a fresh stable version and my Terms of Service module. And I could reproduce the error. I just uploaded a new version.

2006/10/26 version 2.2.4 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Bug fix in storing custom profile field.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
October 26, 2006 11:31PM
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. To install the new distro, I de-activated the mod, deleted the Custom Profile, then removed the files. I reinstalled the new files, but did not see the Custom Profile created. I checked the version number in the Mods, tried again. I ran Sanity Check and it erred with the lack of the Custom Profile. I added it manually. Sanity Check passed that error, and gave me an error regarding having {TOS} in posting_buttons.tpl. I added the tag there, and then in index_classic and index_new.tpl to make Sanity Check happy. But I still can't post (although users who register after the mod is installed can).

Is there a flag somewhere in the database I can toggle myself so it will let me post? It seems to work except for this one little issue.
October 26, 2006 11:36PM
Oops, I found it ... I wasn't checking off the little "new TOS" box in the lower left corner of the message I was trying to post.
December 01, 2006 09:13AM
Terms of Service Module (5.1 and 5.2 ready), new version 2.2.5

Known issues:

Because of a bug in Phorum database installation (till 5.1.17) you can get an error messages similar to this:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''20061026')' at line 1:
insert into phorum_user_custom_fields (user_id,type,data) VALUES(2,,'20061026')

In this case:

1. Login as administrator in Phorum's administrative interface and go to the "Custom Profiles" section.

2. Delete mod_tos field

3. Add a new profile field:

Field Name: mod_tos
Field Length: 8
Disable HTML: yes

Changelog:
2006/10/26 version 2.2.5 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Revert bug fix from 2.2.4. It was a bug in the Phorum core, corrected in changeset 1456 and 1459.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
June 17, 2007 03:57PM
Hi,

It appears that users who were registered prior to installation of this mod (namely me, the admin) cannot post unless they agree to the TOS.

Please direct me to the table/field in the DB where this flag is stored so I can manually update it. Or is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks!
June 17, 2007 04:29PM
well. just agree to the terms of service.

the fact that someone registered before doesn't mean that they have agreed to the terms. it's a simple matter of checking the box and continuing on.

effectively, installing the mod is the same as updating the terms, anyone who hasn't agreed to the updated terms has to agree to them before continuing.

you wouldn't want to change the database to indicate acceptance of the terms for people who havn't accepted them, including an admin.
June 17, 2007 04:36PM
I have registration-level TOS installed. I don't use post-level TOS. It would be nice to know the table/field where this flag is stored. Thanks!
June 17, 2007 05:26PM
Still, freedman's comment is very valid. You have registration time TOS. What do you do about already registered users which do not keep themselves to the TOS? Are they allowed to do anything, since they never had to do a single click to accept the TOS? If you want this TOS to have any legal ground for already registered users, it's best to have them click the TOS checkbox, since they never did this when they registered. But hey, it's your Phorum and your TOS, so do whatever you like ;-)

I asume that the TOS data is stored in a custom profile field. Check the custom profiles option in your admin interface. If you see a tos related field there, then click on the edit link. Then check the URL in the browser. There you will see ....&cur=1234&..., where 1234 is the id of the custom profile field.

After you have found the field id, you can check the table phorum_user_custom_fields (the starting phorum_ might be different if you use a different table prefix). In that table, the type field corresponds to the profile field id. So if the id was 1234, then you can select all filled custom profile fields by running the query:
SELECT * FROM phorum_user_custom_fields WHERE type = 1234;

This will give you all the fields that are set for the users. You could take the data field from the output for a user_id for which the TOS state is correct and create records for all user_ids on your system using that same type and data.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 10, 2008 08:51AM
Will this module be ported to 5.2.6 ? I find it really usefull, but I can't port it myself (but I can help for the french translation ;-))
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login