Firefox PHP

Module for logging moderator actions

Posted by Tiorthan 
Re: Module for logging moderator actions
October 09, 2007 02:24PM
Hi

Great mod, thanks. I am looking at changing this mod to write the log to the database instead of a file.

BUT one thing I can't seem to get working is logging of post edits.

Unlike all the other $mod_step, PHORUM_MOD_EDIT_POST and PHORUM_SAVE_EDIT_POST only exist inside the module files and are not used anywhere else in the phorum codebase and I can't for the life of me see how logging of edits would ever be caught by this module. I have downlaoded the latest version of phorum to see if anything extra but this is the same. Am I missing something? Do I need to add extra code to any of the core phorum files to log post edits? The version of the mod I have if from ftbe.be link posted by slashbin

Thanks
October 09, 2007 03:42PM
<teaser type="nasty">
Phorum 5.2 comes with the module "Event Logging" in the core distribution. That one can be used to log a plethora of events (including post edits) and PHP warnings/errors to a database based logging system. The logs are fully searchable and logs are categorized using source, category and log level. Currently available events are:

A user registers for an account
A user fails to login
A user logs in
A user logs out
A user posts a message in a forum
A user edits a message in a forum
A user reports a message
A moderator edits a message in a forum
A moderator deletes message(s) from a forum
A moderator moves a thread to a different forum
A moderator closes a thread for posting
A moderator reopens a thread for posting
A moderator disapproves and hides message(s)
A moderator approves messages(s)
A PHP notice is triggered
A PHP warning is triggered
A PHP error is triggered
A database error occurred
</teaser>

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 03, 2008 08:56AM
from help: serialized message data. This includes the complete serialized message data. It will allow to restore deleted messages.

So I have file with serialized message data. One of moderators has deleted thread, this thread exist in this file. How can restore it?

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login