Firefox PHP

Online Users Module

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Re: Online Users Module
November 07, 2006 10:52AM
Hello Tridus,

I have install this module but I'm not certain I understand how the computing is done.

If I go to my Forum's index page right now, here is what I see:

Under each specific Forum name, I see a total of 4 users only that read the forum.

Under Users online
I see the name of 10 registered user
&
Guest (invité) : 58

To me that is a total of 68 people on my site. Why can I only record 4 person on one specific forum (none on the 3 other)?

What is wrong with my settings ?

Can you explain the various impact of the Track Usages setting in relation with this module's own settings?

Thanks,

Yves
June 18, 2007 03:11PM
Hi,

when not logged in (as guest), it is possible to click to username in online users list and show profile of user i have clicked. When logged in, it is impossible. In the URL is not shown user id (ex. profile.php?0,phorum_session=.....). Any solution?

Thanks

Vilda
June 19, 2007 08:16AM
Hi!

I've installed your online users mod. I want to change it's language to Hungarian but when I save it in UTF8 I got this error (only at login and logout):

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\Web\htdocs\forum\mods\onlineusers\lang\hungarian.php:1) in G:\Web\htdocs\forum\include\users.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\Web\htdocs\forum\mods\onlineusers\lang\hungarian.php:1) in G:\Web\htdocs\forum\include\users.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at G:\Web\htdocs\forum\mods\onlineusers\lang\hungarian.php:1) in G:\Web\htdocs\forum\common.php on line 897

Is it possible to fix it or I should not use UTF8 enconding?
June 19, 2007 08:18AM
you have some character before <?php in the file mods/onlineusers/lang/hungarian.php, remove it.
In utf8 there are sometimes strange characters which are not shown in all editors.

Thomas Seifert
June 19, 2007 08:21AM
<?php
/*
mod_onlineusers version 2.3.0
language: hungarian
*/
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"] = array();
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["OnlineUsers"] = "Online felhasználók";
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["Administrator"] = "Administrator";
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["MinutesIdle"] = "minutes idle";
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["Guests"] = "Guests";
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["RecordNumberOfUsers"] = "Record Number of Users";
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["RecordNumberOfGuests"] = "Record Number of Guests";
$PHORUM["DATA"]["LANG"]["mod_onlineusers"]["UsersReadingThisForum"] = " users are reading this forum.";
?>

There isn't any whitespace before <?
June 19, 2007 08:23AM
You read what I wrote, right?
"In utf8 there are sometimes strange characters which are not shown in all editors."

Thomas Seifert
June 19, 2007 08:28AM
I read. I've tried in the simple notepad, and notepad++. But i don't now what should I do to make it work :S

mod: Ok I understand what have you said. Can you recommend an editor for me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 08:29AM by norbiP.
June 19, 2007 08:31AM
try ultraedit or editplus.
some editors are offering a hex-mode too where you see some more stuff.

Thomas Seifert
June 19, 2007 08:42AM
If you have Cpanel use File Manager, you will see some strange characters. Happens to me from time to time as well, no biggy.

Sergej

------------------------------------------
^AU^ Assassins United
[www.assassinsunited.com]
------------------------------------------
June 19, 2007 08:43AM
The characters at the start of the file are known as UTF-8 Byte Order Markers (BOM). These are used to make handling UTF-8 files across multiple platforms possible. Check your editor and see if you can save the file as UTF-8 without BOM. If that's not an option, then a hex editor might be worthwhile checking. Using a hex editor, it should be really simple to remove the initial markers.

Another option might be to upgrade your PHP. I think that recent PHP5 (maybe PHP4 as well) installations handle the UTF-8 byte order markers correctly.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login