Firefox PHP

Named Posting (and multiple names/signatures) Module

Posted by Chris Eaton 
Re: Named Posting (and multiple names/signatures) Module
July 04, 2004 09:44AM
This module doesn't do that, but it is possible to make one that does, yeah.
July 04, 2004 03:03PM
Thanks Tridus.

Looking forward to the new version that supports this.
August 25, 2004 04:29PM
New version: 1.2
New Features:
- Added support for mod_avatar 2. If you have both modules enabled and turn on the support in mod_avatar, users will be able to have a different default avatar in your "alternate" forums. This works in exactly the same way as alternate usernames and sigs do. (the support is built into mod_avatar)

Bug Fixes:
- When posting, only replace the author on the post when the user typed something in (blank entries will post with the users username). This should eliminate posts with no author.

Download: [www.hiredgoons.ca]
September 20, 2004 01:31PM
I don't usually have a problem opening tar.gz, but for some reason, WinZip is being extra odd with your download. "Error reading header after processing 0 entries". Is a zip available?

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
September 20, 2004 04:36PM
Because my server is running mod_deflate and does funny things with .gz files, some browsers may be decoding it but not changing the name. So it may actually already have been unzipped.

I know that Opera handles this by renaming it to a .tar.tar file, which is odd but still works (Powerarchiver can read it).

If that doesn't work, send me an email and I'll send you a zipped version.
September 20, 2004 05:26PM
Ah, thank you for reminding me. I tried with Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla Firefox, worked fine. Thank you. =)

-------------------------------------------

"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream." -Edgar Allan Poe
July 24, 2005 03:20PM

Did you have any problems using this module with Private Messaging?

I am doing something similar and find that it doesn't work to reply to someone who posts as something other than their login name.

ideas?

July 29, 2005 06:10PM

Is there anyone here who uses this module and can confirm how it behaves with PM ?
April 27, 2006 10:17AM
I run an RPG board as well. Only 2 signatures/identities wouldn't do much good, since people are playing in many different games. I love the concept, but unless it's expanded so that users can enter any number of additional indentities I think it's use is limited, for me anyway ;)

Looking forward to updates though, hopefully on the opening post ;)

Steel Rat
[infinite-realities.com]
August 15, 2006 12:52PM
More would be helpful, but thats really more of a profile mod. This particular mod isn't meant to be that complicated, so I guess its not good for your purposes. :)

edit - Rheo, this doesn't affect private messages at all. This is just the name that appears on a post in the forum. PMs don't have an "author" field (they're always from the username in question), so editing that would be different.

I have a new version, this one is for Phorum 5.1. If you are using 5.0, don't use this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 12:53PM by Tridus.
Attachments:
open | download - namedposting1.3.tar.gz (4.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login