Firefox PHP

Text style editor

Posted by hoowoo 
Re: Text style editor
July 12, 2005 04:54AM
Hello!

Seems like I found new bug :)))) (it will be soon me profession perhaps :)))).

So if for example you use poll module on the page read.php it will not one but 2 or three forms so
document.forms[0].onsubmit = kontrola;
F = document.forms[0].".$formarea.";
document.forms[0].helpline.value

will not work.

So perhaps you have to send to javascript function form name???

July 12, 2005 05:30AM
:-)) Tx for the message.

Yes, that's right, this bug can appear.

In a beginning of the editor I used names for forms (they must be added by a webmaster into templates at their special positions). unfortunatelly original Phorum forms have not names: that means to write more commands for webmasters to activate the editor. (If you saw the phorum of my page names of forms are still left there.)

After that I wanted to make the editor simplier, the next code you write. And the editor was supposed to use without any other forms. Now I'm waiting for reactions.

Well, I didn't test the editor together with a poll module. If it puts another form before a message one, a name and modifications of the editor code would be required. (Probably with any other file of the editor.)

Or, what about to figure up all previous forms by PHP? I'll think about it.

Honza*), fórum o bylinkách a taky o křesťanském duchovním životě - [hoowoo.euweb.cz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2005 05:52AM by hoowoo.
July 12, 2005 05:35AM
I guess we can add a name to the post-form in 5.1

Thomas Seifert
July 12, 2005 04:57PM
The bug with more forms together Avdoshyn have written about should be fixed here - well, I didn't test it with the poll or any other module. But it is tested with fictitious forms and operates well.

I do not use names of forms here, the code tests forms actions to find the right form. Isn't it complicated too?

Please, take this release as a test, if you can find any new or other bug? Waiting for mentions.

Look for the file below...

Honza*), fórum o bylinkách a taky o křesťanském duchovním životě - [hoowoo.euweb.cz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2005 06:01AM by hoowoo.
July 13, 2005 04:44AM
echo "for (p=0; p<formulare.length; p++) { text = formulare[p].getAttribute('action'); \n";
echo " var reg=new RegExp('post.php').test(text);\n";
echo " var regi=new RegExp('control.php').test(text);\n";
echo " var rego=new RegExp('moderation.php').test(text);\n";

poll modules send data to post.php too ^))) so it doenst' work

<div class="PhorumReadBodyText"><div class="body"><center><h2>Question?</h2><form action="post.php?5" method="post" style="display: inline;">
<table border=0><tr>
<td><input TYPE="radio" NAME="pollvote" VALUE="0"></td>
<td>Answer1</td>
</tr><tr>
<td><input TYPE="radio" NAME="pollvote" VALUE="1"></td>
<td>Answer2</td>
</tr><tr>
<td><input TYPE="radio" NAME="pollvote" VALUE="2"></td>
<td>Answer3</td>
</tr></table>
<input type="hidden" name="message_id" value="95703">
</form></center></div>
July 13, 2005 04:56AM
Found temporarily solution by such way

echo "function start() { var formulare = document.getElementsByTagName('form'); \n";
echo "var p = formulare.length-1; \n";
echo "F = document.forms[p].".$formarea."; XP = p; return F; return XP; };\n";

only because I know that required form is last ^))
but it works

July 13, 2005 05:00AM
Probably I must try the poll module. If you see the loop "for (p=0; p<formulare.length; p++) ..." (and test it a little) - it returns F and XP from the last found form with action=post.php. The loop on my computer checks forms previous to the message form only no next ones. That means - where is the last form? It should be before the message form and F and XP would be right. If it is next to the message form, the F and XP are right too. I'll test it.

July 13, 2005 05:05AM
hm...it really so.... perhaps there is form without action on the page???
July 13, 2005 05:40AM
Probably forms names can manage all these troubles right ... ?

Post-form names
July 16, 2005 05:43PM
To prevent a crash of forms if more of them is used (with other modules e.g.) you can try to use the bb-editor-enhanced-getforms.zip (see above) or this file.
Feel free to use it everywhere you want the bb-code editor run (also when the getforms one doesn't operate, even if you do not use any other module), it's a established solution to identify forms. You set names of forms manually.

I ask Phorum Devs for a name for the post-form in 5.1 as you have broached, it would come in handy here :-) Tx.

Look for the file below...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2005 06:01AM by hoowoo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login