Firefox PHP

Text style editor

Posted by hoowoo 
Text style editor
May 19, 2005 05:59PM
This is discussed anywhere else, I have written a simple module, which helps visitors of your phorum simply format a text of their messages using the BBcode formating. Though it looks like a php, it is written in javascript generally and supports lang files. Written under phorum 5.0.15a, tested with the MSIE and the Firefox. All opinions are welcome, this is my 1st better module.

It is easy to install (before changes, a good backup is recommended :-)), it becomes a module from 05-05-28.

Installation: You do not need all arrangements which came with last versions of the editor. You can find it on my phorum site for details. (Don't send test messages at the phorum pls :) To test you can use the prewiev -"Náhled"- button to see the result. Or, if you register you find a 3rd test phorum there.) Look for the new files below.

Enjoy!

Honza*), fórum o bylinkách a taky o křesťanském duchovním životě - [hoowoo.euweb.cz]

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2005 05:54AM by hoowoo.
Re: Text style editor add-on
May 26, 2005 04:25AM
The editor becomes a module, a new file uploaded below.

Honza*), fórum o bylinkách a taky o křesťanském duchovním životě - [hoowoo.euweb.cz]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2005 12:10PM by hoowoo.
Re: Text style editor module
May 28, 2005 11:27AM
The editor becomes a module...

Look for a new version below.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2005 09:24AM by hoowoo.
Re: Text style editor module
May 28, 2005 02:01PM
This could be good, I'm curious to see a preview.

Edit: Seen it, want it. I'll try to play with it a little.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2005 02:02PM by teake.
pat
enhanced Text style editor
May 30, 2005 06:43PM
Hi,

tanks for this useful mod.
I made a few enhancements (streamlined lang-files, moved and renamed files etc.)

I hope you don't mind hoowwoo...

Oh, and I included the version of the bb-code mod by sheik and added the bgcolor attribute as that was not part of the original mod.

pat

---attachment deleted see later post for an updated version---

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2005 04:53PM by pat.
Re: enhanced Text style editor
May 31, 2005 05:15AM
Good job:-)
But now the new BBmode gives an error message:
Notice: Undefined index: phorum_bb_code in ...\bbcode.php on line 33
Notice: Undefined index: phorum_bb_code in ...\bbcode.php on line 36
Why?

1st working with this editor I just didn't feel the module like this would come, so BB-code [pozadi=] was left from my mother language and it's better to replace it with [bgcolor=]. The [bgcolor=] replacing php-code can be inserted into the styleedit.php file instead of the orig. bbcode better so that you do not need to touch the original bbcode module (that's why the styleedit.php is written) - and everybody can use the BBcode module he likes.

The lang file discerns different words for colours because of my mother language again - we have other word forms with backgrounds and with text colours. Yes, it's difficult ! :-)) It's a shame this disappears from your shape for me ( but mostly it wouldn't matter), it couldn't be used along with my file. For my phorum I will make the changes back, ok? :-)

Tx for your german translation!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2005 09:51AM by hoowoo.
May 31, 2005 06:00AM
> But now the new BBmode gives an error message:

did you try to just go to the admin and save the settings of the bbcode-module? there are some enhancements too.

Thomas Seifert
May 31, 2005 07:35AM
Wow, clicking "SAVE" & everything's OK :-)
pat
Re: Text style editor
June 01, 2005 04:51PM
Hi hoowoo,

sorry about the colors but I think in most languages that will not be a Problem - in fact I wonder why it is a Problem in your Language is it not possible to write background:white Text:black (translated of course)?

Anyway I did stick to my version and did a few more modifications:

- added the possibility for the user to turn the editor on and off in the cc

- rearranged bb_texteditor.php

- added localised access-keys

- added two more items to the bb-code mod -> "sup" and "sub" I prefer to add and modify the bb-code mod directly as it is less overhead this way. And after all its a mod and is barly changed over the releases.

pat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2005 06:12PM by pat.
Attachments:
open | download - bb-editor.zip (9.5 KB)
Re: Text style editor
June 02, 2005 05:57AM
Hi pat, nice work.

I'm sending a czech file for your release, the word forms are arranged in some other way.

Now you do not need the styleedit.php file at all, isn't it? It can be deleted together with the "hook: format|phorum_bb_code_TEextension" line from the info.txt.

You need fix the lang changes: the lang file contains "TE_enable" while readme advices to add "<?php echo $PHORUM['DATA']['LANG']['mod_styleedit']['TEenable']?>".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2005 09:59AM by hoowoo.
Attachments:
open | download - czech.php (3.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login