Firefox PHP

Text style editor

Posted by hoowoo 
Re: Text style editor
August 12, 2006 02:31PM
Just post it to the appropriate thread, then I'll pick it up and put it in the distribution. This thread is not about my Editor Tools module, so better stop posting in it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 28, 2006 11:22PM
Hello,

I would like to add on my phorum the module that allow users to edit the style of the text just like the one I see up here
B U I abc etc.

But I a bit confused with the all the editor tool provided on this Phorum. Which one is the right one? i don't feel like try him them all... :-(

Thanks,

Yves
October 29, 2006 05:34AM
The one that is used here is called "Editor Tools". In Phorum 5.1, there's already a very early version of the Editor Tools module included. To install the version that is used on this website, disable the existing Editor Tools module in the Modules admin screen and delete the existing directory mods/editor_tools in your Phorum directory. After that, you can install the Editor Tools module (download the editor_tools-x.y.z.tar.gz from the linked thread). Instructions are in the included README file.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 29, 2006 09:33AM
Thank you Maurice!

I also see other file such as "topic_smiley-1.0.2.tar.gz". What are these ?

Regards,

Yves
October 29, 2006 02:32PM
That message in which that file is posted explains it all: "If you enable the Topic Smiley module in addition to the Editor Tools module, it will override the functionality of the subject smiley tool button. Instead of simply adding smileys to the subject, it will make sure that at most one smiley can be used in the subject and that this smiley is always placed at the verty start of the subject."

This is a module that extends the functionality of the editor tools. So somewhat like a module for a module. You only have to install it, if you like to give the subject smiley button the functionality as described above.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
October 29, 2006 03:50PM
Hi Maurice,

OK now I have installed the "editor_tools" module, the "topic_smiley". The "bbcode" module was already there and the "smileys" too.

There seams to be a bug on my version. When I write this :

line 1,
line 2,

line 3

I get this

line 1,line 2,

line 3

It looks like the return carriage will not work if it's only once. But here, it works well !?!?!

Do you have any idea?

Regards,

Yves
October 29, 2006 04:12PM
disable the markdown module.

Thomas Seifert
October 29, 2006 06:20PM
Many thanks !

Yves
November 10, 2006 06:09AM
that good, let me try,thank you
August 23, 2007 04:35PM
The latest iteration of this module as listed in the files at the start of the topic has some hardcoded language (non-english) when you click the Picture bbcode button. It's easy to correct, on 235 of the include/bb_texteditor.php file. I changed mine to:

echo "x = prompt ('Enter the URL of the image:','[&];);\n";

I noticed all the echo statements there too. Isn't that a bit of overkill? Wouldn't it me more efficient to just have that as HTML instead of embedded in PHP?

Steel Rat
[infinite-realities.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login