Firefox PHP

Phorummail for Phorum 5

Posted by Brian Moon 
Re: Phorummail for Phorum 5 : MS oulook failure in body
May 19, 2007 05:42PM
Issue with MS Outlook. I'm sure where this code is that cause this issue, HOWEVER, when an email is sent from MS Outlook, the body of the message gets chopped. I was working on a method that if the email didn't exist then if rejects the attempt to post to the phorum. I had it to reject gmail, as there is an issue there.

On line 90, or so you have
$new_message["user_id"] = phorum_user_check_field("email",$new_message["email"]);
which as far I can tells attempt to associate the post with a valid user. However, if a valid user is not there, then the post is placed Posted from empty @ tim stamp..

To fix this I added
if($new_message["user_id"]=='0') { reject_this_post($new_message["email"]); }

Bascially is just sens it back stating you are not known, sorry. Also with the Email postablity, it is possible to post without a Subject or body, which is not possible web-face. I am working on that one too.

What I can't seem to find is how exactly to check this to make sure there is a subject and the body !empty. I'll release my findings. When completed.

I did fix the problem, by setting an email server, on the web-server. No problems there anymore.
Re: Phorummail for Phorum 5 : Help with installation on a shared host
June 05, 2007 08:53AM
Hi All

I could do with some advice on installing phorummail on a shared host as it is proving a challenge. I am very restricted in what I can do on the server (I only have access to public_html) and after a week or so trying to install it (and a very steep learning curve), I have reached a full stop!

There is a control panel through which I can change my site settings. I can only enter valid email addresses so I asked my host's support to put in a forwarding qmail pipe to my phorummail script. This they did and it points to phorummail in my main Phorum directory as such:

|/home/abcxyz/public_html/phorum/phorummail.php 3

Phorummail and the directory have chmod 755.

I then found that the PEAR libraries were not that complete so had to install a local copy in my www space and change the include_path to point to PEAR there. It now has mimeDecode.php installed and phorummail.php seems to be calling that in. Other PEAR packages work fine so I don;t think that is the problem.

I thought I had it cracked but when I send an email to the appropriate email address I don't get a bounce back straight away, but a reply along the lines of:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at middns5.co.uk.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<forum3@africanbirdclub.org>:
/bin/sh: /home/abcxyz/public_html/phorum/phorummail.php: Permission denied
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Does this mean (1) that the pipe is working OK but that (2) the mailer program can not access phorummail.php or am I reading this wrong? If so, any way I can check whether this is the case so I can go back to support with a definitive request?

I presume also that accessing phorummail.php through a browser does not achieve anything. When I do I get an SQL error...

Any thoughts / suggestions would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Phil Atkinson
Re: Phorummail for Phorum 5 : Help with installation on a shared host
June 05, 2007 09:21AM

/bin/sh: /home/abcxyz/public_html/phorum/phorummail.php: Permission denied

This indicates that the mailserver does not have execute permissions for the phorummail.php script. Mode 755 should be okay. Start with checking if all directories up the tree are open for the mailserver too. If you have a closed dir somewhere up, then this won't work.

It's also possible that the mailserver does not allow executing any script as a mail filter. If that is the case, then your support desk should be able to handle that problem.

In any case, your support desk for the server is probably the designated target for your suppor questions regarding mail server setup, because they are able to look closely at the system and they have setup the server.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Phorummail for Phorum 5 : Group Settings Check
June 23, 2007 03:58PM
How do I add the group-setting checking to this module.

It is as long as the user is a known user, that user can post to any message area that accepts incoming mail.. What I need is

incoming mail
  check for username                      [OK]  else kickback
  check for group permissions             [OK]  else kickback
  post message to the list
  email all users of the list area

The way it is performing now is
  check for username                      [OK]   else kickback
  post message to message area
  email all users of this list.

How to I add checking.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2007 04:04PM by scottd@ucann2.org.
Re: Phorummail for Phorum 5
November 13, 2007 04:58PM
Thanks for this module! I searched far and wide for software that could integrate a web forum with a mailing list, and phorummail (+ emailallposts) modules give me exactly what I was looking for.

I did fix a few bugs, though, and I wanted to contribute that back:

- Fixed bug where nested MIME attachments were silently dropped
- Fixed parsing In-reply-to: header to be RFC compliant
- Added code to strip known mailing list footer

Enjoy!
Attachments:
open | download - phorummail-tetron.tar.gz (3.6 KB)
November 13, 2007 05:04PM
Thank you for the updates!

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
November 19, 2007 01:41PM
This is just awesome! Nice!

Regards, Jens.
May 20, 2008 09:52AM
Hello!

This is a very good function! Great!

When testing the new code I figured out, that emails, which dont't have a subject line will appear like this in the forum. There it's difficult to open these messages, because there's nothing to click on! Most emails clients don't allow sending emails wit no subject, but there are ways to get around this. So I've updated the code in order to add '(no subject)' when there is no subject given. See Attachment.

Have a nice day, Matze
Attachments:
open | download - phorummail-matze.zip (3.9 KB)
July 12, 2010 04:46PM
Hello,

I have upgraded our phorum and am getting issues with phorummail.

Does anyone have a phorummail (this one not external phorummail) which is compatible with 5.2.15a? It appears that the version of phorummail here uses functions that are no longer in phorummail 5.2.15a?

Many Thanks,

Oliver
July 12, 2010 04:51PM
did you see the phorumail-5.2 file linked at the very top of the thread?

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login