Firefox PHP

Error with "mod_user_avatar"

Posted by Thorsten Weiss 
Error with "mod_user_avatar"
December 15, 2008 04:13PM
Hi!

I don´t know when this error occurred - a user told me that he can´t see his avatar. When i go in my control center and try to get access to the avatar options, i got a hole site of errors:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /.../include/controlcenter/mod_user_avatar.php on line 63

Warning: getimagesize(http://www.strichacht-forum.de/file.php?1,file=4) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /.../include/controlcenter/mod_user_avatar.php on line 63

3 weeks ago I had to put the hole phorum-installation to another server. I edited the new database-settings and all went fine. Does anybody has an idea where i can find a solution?
(Phorum v5.1.22, avatar-mod v2.2.0)

Line 63 in "mod_user_avatar.php" says:
Language: PHP
$imagedata = getimagesize($filename)

Thanks!

Regards,
Thorsten

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 04:19PM by Thorsten Weiss.
Re: Error with "mod_user_avatar"
December 15, 2008 04:20PM
the error message tells everything.
you got to enable url file access in the php configuration, if possible, otherwise this module won't work on that server.
I think thats done different in the phorum-5.2 version of the module but I'm not sure of that and sure that it won't work on phorum 5.1.

Thomas Seifert
December 15, 2008 05:42PM
Thomas Seifert
you got to enable url file access in the php configuration, if possible, otherwise this module won't work on that server.

Hi Thomas,

sure i read this, but i didn´t know in which setting i activated "url file access" - is it a feature of the webserver (to edit it in the webservers setting - if so, any idea how this function could be named?) or do i have to edit a file in phorum? What a shame - most of my changes to phorum i wrote in a textfile, but this one i cannot find in my history...

This is what i can edit in my webserver:

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Thorsten
December 15, 2008 05:43PM
allow_url_fopen sounds good, try to turn this on.

Thomas Seifert
Strike!
December 15, 2008 05:59PM
Thanks, now it works again! But when i read the description of this function...
Mit allow_url_fopen ist es möglich auf entfernte Dateien (Dateien die nicht auf dem selben Server liegen) zuzugreifen.
i wonder what this has to do with "url file access"?!?

Doesn´t matter - it works, and thats good. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Thorsten
Re: Strike!
December 15, 2008 06:00PM
you access files on a remote server through a url, so its url file access ;-).

Thomas Seifert
Re: Strike!
December 15, 2008 06:11PM
hahaha :-) let me sleep on it, maybe i will know this tomorrow ;-)

unfortunately all avatars are gone; all users have to activate it again :-/

Regards,
Thorsten
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login