Firefox PHP

hide some part of a post

Posted by rangdalf 
hide some part of a post
January 31, 2008 12:07PM
Hi all,

Is there a way to hide some part of a post.
Something like: to see this part please reply to this post.

I have seen this functionnality of others forums and I need it :)

Ludo
Re: hide some part of a post
January 31, 2008 01:39PM
There is not yet such a module. There was some hiding module IIRC, but that one was to hide a part of the message and to let only some specified user see that part.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 31, 2008 07:26PM
What about the Spoiler module?

[www.phorum.org]

Steve H, currently on: (version 5.2.23)
contributions:
Birthdays mod, Top Users mod, Icon legend.tpl, (plus a handful of bugfixes and old 5.0 creations)
February 07, 2008 12:08PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not want to hide some part to specific user. I want to hide some part of a message. After the user (all user) reply it will see the hidden part.

Is it difficult to add a code to the phorum editor bar (standard one)?
is it difficult to create this addon (as I am not familiar with Phorum development)

Ludo
February 07, 2008 01:07PM
Still sounds like the spoiler module to me, except to see the hidden part you click a spoiler button instead of replying.

Isn't that good enough?

Maybe if you explained exactly how you want to use it it would help.

Steve H, currently on: (version 5.2.23)
contributions:
Birthdays mod, Top Users mod, Icon legend.tpl, (plus a handful of bugfixes and old 5.0 creations)
February 07, 2008 02:22PM
He wants to make the text visual after posting a reply. I can imagine some situations where this would be useful (posting an answer to a quiz question, where you get to see the correct answer after you posted, thank kind of stuff). This is different from how the spoiler does its job. With that one, the user can initiate viewing of the hidden data before sending in a reply.

@rangdalf: Adding extra buttons to the editor tools bar is not difficult. There is a plugin mechanism available for that. The BBcode and Smileys module both do this. Also the BBcode GeSHi module, BBcode Google module and Embed MP3 module implement extra buttons for this bar. Take a look at them for implementation examples.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 08, 2008 03:55AM
Hi,

This is exactly what you suggest mmakaay!
Something like question/answer!

I will have a look at the mode you mentionned.

Ludo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login