Posted by bth 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
hide_forums-1.0.zip 3.7 KB open | download bth 11/08/2007 Read message
bth
Hide Forums Module
November 08, 2007 10:40AM
Hi,

I'm using Phorum for quite a time now, but this is my first post here, so - "hello everybody".

As our music phorum was growing and growing (http://forum.reggaenet.pl), new sub-forums were being added. Recently it turned out that we not only have a reggae board, but also sections for ethno music and dubstep, that are not interesting for some of our reggae users. They asked me for a module to hide forums, that one is not reading anyway and it's only messing up his screen ... so it comes.

As simple as it can be - users receive a checkbox list in their profile section, checked off forums are being hidden in the index list. Of course forums are still available and can be brought back to the list with a click :-)

Hope it helps someone, also I'm open to any suggestions regarding the code (although tried to follow the Phorum coding rules).

Best,
Bartek
Attachments:
open | download - hide_forums-1.0.zip (3.7 KB)
Re: Hide Forums Module
November 08, 2007 11:13AM
Great! Welcome to the boards and thank you for writing this module!

I have a client who wants the same kind of functionality, so I think I will give your mod a try once I have a bit of time to work on it. I'll be needing it for 5.2, so I'll upgrade it for that Phorum version. I will probably turn it into a drop-in module as well for 5.2. We have new hooks and features in place, which can be used to implement user control center pages without needing to copy around files when installing the module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
bth
Re: Hide Forums Module
November 08, 2007 11:17AM
I'm still bound to 5.1.* on my production servers, so will have to take a look at 5.2's new hooks ... but sounds promising. The module is working fine, I run a modified version that plays nice with other custom written mods - but this should behave well :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login