Firefox PHP

mod: Really Search Engine Friendly URLs

Posted by vitalka 
Re: mod: Really Search Engine Friendly URLs
January 10, 2008 01:42AM
Thanks :-) Every donation is welcomed. From $1 to $2500 (anyone??? ;-).

And just keep an eye on the special 5.2 module forum. We are still in the process of updating the 5.1 modules that we wrote ourselves. Because of all the cool new feature in 5.2, this takes a bit of time for some of them, because large portions are being rewritten to use those features.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 15, 2008 11:20PM
I gave it a try and as a result, there were some drastic changes done to the code ordering in common.php. A new hook "parse_request" was added as well. Against this new common.php, I wrote a module (about 20 lines of code) which does an attempt at SEF URLs. Currently, it is up at [secretsauce.phorum.org] where you can see that the forum links on the index page are all rewritten. Other links are not affected.

This solution is done without any outside Phorum rewrites. When adding rewrites or customized 404 error handling, it would also be possible to generate even cleaner URLs that would look like phorumsite/list/3/my-interesting-forum.html (so stripping the .php from list.php).

Is this the correct direction that I am taking here?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
February 26, 2008 08:35PM
Yes, I believe that you are headed in the right direction with that mm.

I would really like to implement your mod/hack to my phorum as the vv_urls mod isn't working with the latest build of Phorum.
February 26, 2008 09:18PM
It's nowhere near finished, but you can have a look at it.
I packaged what I did so far: pretty_urls-0.0.1.tar.gz.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 22, 2008 12:15AM
Hi,

Any news on that SEF URL module? Something like this [bbpress.org] would be nice.

Thanks a million ;)
March 22, 2008 12:22AM
sorry, i missed the 2nd page of this thread :) i am going to try your plugin now (the one you posted above here ;)

thanks a million!!
March 22, 2008 12:31AM
Okay, it might be me (very good possible) but I do not see any changes yet with this plugin installed. I am running phorum 5.2.6, for I need the newest version for this?
March 22, 2008 12:37AM
Yes, it requires a new hook and reordering of the common.php script. This is in 5.2.7. Also note that I just wrote this as a proof of concept. Only a few URLs get rewriting to see how that could work and to see if that was what people were after. Don't expect a fully matured system for SEF URLs.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 17, 2008 07:36PM
Hello,

I know what was wrong:

15:		$msg_id = $query_items[2];

should be:

15:		$msg_id = $query_items[1];

I attached a file. I've also changed rewrite function adding polish characters.

Regards
MeME
Attachments:
open | download - vv_urls.zip (1.9 KB)
April 17, 2008 07:54PM
Ok,

It was too fast.
It works on a homepage where sticky notes/msgs are displayed. So it gives the rewritten url, but after I open one of the forums where those sticky notes/msgs are placed - it no more show rewritten url.

I have no idea what could be wrong.

--
Regards
MM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login