Firefox PHP

mod: Really Search Engine Friendly URLs

Posted by vitalka 
Re: mod: Really Search Engine Friendly URLs
April 17, 2008 03:02PM
I suppose Its a problem of phorum_db_get_message().
May 27, 2008 08:37PM
I am trying out in new installation of current version 5.2.7. It appears that the read URL is not inserting a SEF string in the URL:
[www.mydomain.com]
I am guessing that the title of the article is supposed to be inserted so it would look more like:
[www.mydomain.com]
or
[www.mydomain.com]

Any comments or suggestions?

TIA.
May 28, 2008 01:59AM
this module is for 5.1.

Thomas Seifert
Red
May 30, 2008 04:59AM
Hi mm

I ve got the 5.2.8 rc1 of PHORUM

your mod : pretty_url and vv_urls cannot be loaded by mods admin, this warning appears :

"Warning: possible module "vv_urls" found, but no module information is available for that module.

Warning: possible module "pretty_urls-0.0.1.tar.gz" found, but no module information is available for that module."

For instance I am looking for un sef rewriting module which works with 5.2.8

any news about that ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2008 05:01AM by Red.
May 30, 2008 05:06AM
First: this module might or might not work for 5.2.8. There's no guarantee in that. Having said that:
  • the module is packaged a big strange. You'll have to put the vv_urls directory that is one level deep in the package in the mods directory. The toplevel vv_urls directory in the package should be ignored.
  • delete the zip file in the module directory to get rid of the other warning.

Edit: Thomas told me that this module will not work for 5.2.8 and he is right. So the best thing you can do now, is uninstall the version that you installed.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2008 05:13AM by Maurice Makaay.
June 10, 2008 04:02PM
I'm currently evaluating Phorum and one requirement we have is SEF urls. Is there a module for this for 5.2.8? If not, what would we need to get this functionality?

Thanks.
June 10, 2008 04:22PM
There is no such module. There is only the proof of concept, which targets only a little bit of Phorum. You can find that module in this thread.

What would be needed is that somebody picks up that work and creates a full blown SEF URL module out of it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
June 10, 2008 07:40PM
The problem is that the $msg_id is not being passed as part of the $query_items in 5.2.x. I am not too well versed in Phorum so I could not find a way to retrieve the message_id within vv_urls.php so I just put a placeholder %sef_title% within the section elseif($page == 'read'). Then I did a bit of hacking into list.php, making the substitutions like:
$rows[$key]["URL"]["READ"] = str_replace(array('%sef_title%','%thread_id%'),array(vv_urls_transform_url($row['subject']),$row['thread']),$read_url_template);

However, this most inelegant solution since it does not allow for the module not being installed. Perhaps someone who is better versed in Phorum coding could come up with a better idea?

In any event, it appears to be working though I need to do more testing.
Red
June 28, 2008 08:22AM
Maurice Makaay
First: this module might or might not work for 5.2.8. There's no guarantee in that. Having said that:
  • the module is packaged a big strange. You'll have to put the vv_urls directory that is one level deep in the package in the mods directory. The toplevel vv_urls directory in the package should be ignored.
  • delete the zip file in the module directory to get rid of the other warning.

Edit: Thomas told me that this module will not work for 5.2.8 and he is right. So the best thing you can do now, is uninstall the version that you installed.

Hi,

i've done it for the vv_url, i mean modify directory to upload the mod, anyway...

The access to site is impossible, therefore the mod is taken by the admin mods config , with firefox the error is said like that :

" Redirect loop, firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this adress in a way that will never complete ".

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
* NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.

And when I go to "phorum index" through the admin pannel it is the same thing but the adress is rewrited with the tite of site, http://www.renaud-coluche.fr/list/et-pi-brassens-aussi,3.html So rewrited but access denied !

Thank you,
September 25, 2008 08:34PM
I can't seem to get this to work. I've followed the instructions. It shows the proper url but I get a 404 error. Has somebody had this issue and figured it out? I don't know php and programming skills are novice. If someone could spell it out that would be great. Using the most recent version of Phorum.

and the error looks like this:

The requested URL /forum/list/forum-title,3.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Any help is appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login