Firefox PHP

Module: BB Code Video

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Module: BB Code Video
July 20, 2007 09:52AM
I get:
Error: bbcode_video_editor_tool is not defined
Source File: javascript:bbcode_video_editor_tool()
Line: 1

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz
July 20, 2007 06:20PM
it appears as though it's not adding the line to include the bbcode_video.js

I see the line:
editor_tools_register_jslib("./mods/bbcode_video/bbcode_video.js");

but it doesn't seem to actually do it.

the make_bbcode_last_formatter.php hack doesn't solve the problem either
is the code tha registers the jslib running AFTER the HEAD_TAGS is used?
July 30, 2007 12:51AM
GREAT mod Maurice. Thanks. Installed and working beautiful. Any chance of supporting audio files such as wavs / aiffs / mp3s and other web video like Sorensons / H.264s? If you ever have time? Sure would be great for a forum like mine

:)

Michael Horton
lafcpug
[www.lafcpug.org]
July 30, 2007 02:37AM
This is the BB Code Video mod, so no, wav aiff mp3 is not an option. That would be a different module. I have tried creating an MP3 module already, but the biggest problem was that the flash players that I tried do load the MP3 immediately and not when the user clicks the play button. So that spends bandwidth which is often not even used. I'll have to experiment a bit with javascript to create the player on the fly for that. There probably will be something, since my users post a lot of MP3's too.

For Sorensons and H.264 I'm not building in support. I am now only including web based services that offer video and a way to embed the video in other pages. The videos that are supported are all provided by some video website. But Sorensons and H.264 are (afaik) video formats, not video websites. So for those, some embedded player would have to be included in the video mod. If somebody else wants to add such a player / players to the video bbcode mod, then feel free to. I'm more than happy to accept patches for the mod.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
July 30, 2007 01:28PM
Hi Maurice

I id find this nifty little app that seems like it might help. It's called Pageot

Michael Horton
lafcpug
[www.lafcpug.org]
July 30, 2007 02:50PM
I have no trouble generating embed code. That is what that app does. And that is embed code for the quicktime plugin. I do not want those kinds of dependancies in the module, because I do not want to push people into installing quicktime plugins to view pages. The module should just work and that's guaranteed by using the Flash based players that video web sites use. Feel free to implement automatic quicktime embedding in a different mod.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 30, 2007 02:57PM
I understand. Thanks for all you do.

Michael Horton
lafcpug
[www.lafcpug.org]
August 08, 2007 02:41PM
Is there any chance of adding support for raw SWF files? I don't know too much about Flash myself, and don't know whether it is possible to specify a width to display at and let Flash work out the correctly scaled height itself?

Anyway, an example of the type of file it would be nice to embed is this quiz that one of my forum users made for my site: [www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk]

Thanks,

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz
August 08, 2007 03:17PM
I don't like flash to be a [movie]..[/movie] type. For that, you'd better write something that can do [flash]..[/flash] instead.

Determining size is not really an option with flash I think, since it scales. You always have to tell the embedded flash player what size to use. I don't know if there are tools which can extract the size (maybe the recommended size is stored in the swf) from the raw data, before displaying. If yes, then that could be used.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
August 08, 2007 04:00PM
freedman
it appears as though it's not adding the line to include the bbcode_video.js

I see the line:
editor_tools_register_jslib("./mods/bbcode_video/bbcode_video.js");

but it doesn't seem to actually do it.

the make_bbcode_last_formatter.php hack doesn't solve the problem either
is the code tha registers the jslib running AFTER the HEAD_TAGS is used?

I'm still having this problem? Anyone else? I'm about to just start turning off mods to see if one is causing the problem, but in case anyone has run into this and solved this I thought I'd save some time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login