Firefox PHP

Phorum 5.2 search features for Phorum 5.1

Posted by Brian Moon 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
phorum_52_search.tar.gz 4.1 KB open | download Brian Moon 05/06/2007 Read message
phorum_52_search.0.2.tar.gz 4.1 KB open | download Brian Moon 07/26/2007 Read message
Phorum 5.2 search features for Phorum 5.1
May 06, 2007 04:53PM
I rewrote the Phorum 5.2 search while we were in San Jose at the MySQL Conference. It has several new features. You can search by keywords and author. You can also choose to have results displayed per thread instead of per message. A client wanted this ported to 5.1. I have managed to make a module + template hack to make this work in 5.1. The only feature in the 5.2 search that is not in this search is the ability to multi-select forums to search in. Its in the search code, just not in the template. So, if you wanted to make the template work, you can. I did not want to back port all the code I wrote to generate that forum list in a module. Its not that simple.

This is not really super tested. It works, you get results. It uses the search hooks and a common hook for set up.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Attachments:
open | download - phorum_52_search.tar.gz (4.1 KB)
Re: Phorum 5.2 search features for Phorum 5.1
July 24, 2007 05:44PM
works great, IMHO threaded results are better for my kind of forum

however, one little bug. I replaced the search.tpl, and seems to work fine, but it always searches for all time post instead of 30 days or whatever you select.

anyone else experiencing this?
Re: Phorum 5.2 search features for Phorum 5.1
July 26, 2007 02:46PM
Try this version.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Attachments:
open | download - phorum_52_search.0.2.tar.gz (4.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login