Firefox PHP

Custom profile field

Posted by davetrillb 
Custom profile field
March 30, 2007 05:26PM
Hi, I have started testing Phorum, and It looks like it will meet our groups needs, except...we want to limit membership to members of our organization. So what I would like to happen is that in the registration form I have added a custom profile field for real_name, and membership number. These fields do work, they show up in the registration page, and when the use looks at their custom profile settings, the information is there.

What I would like to know, is it possible to have those 2 fields appear in the form where an administrator/moderator approves users, and/or in the admin area when looking at user information? In the admin area is most important, as members leave our organization we would like to remove their account, and without being able to see their real_name it is hard to tell who they are by just their username.

Thanks for the help.

Dave
Re: Custom profile field
March 31, 2007 10:42AM
You would just have to add them to the cc_users.tpl template file (in the LOOP USERS section).
September 12, 2007 07:39AM
Hi,

I posted a question asking how to display the custom field data for real_name in the cc_users.tpl. A response was posted with information about how to do this, but both my question and the response have disappeared. Can anyone help?

Regards,

David
September 12, 2007 08:02AM
yes, we had to restore a backup.

there you go:
dkdo
Hi there, I did just that, but the custom field data does not appear when I include {USERS->real_name} and {USERS->organisation} in cc_users.tpl.
I had inserted {PROFILE->real_name} before, then realised that this only displays the real_name of the current logged in user (ie, me), not the unapproved user.
I'm a newbie so please be nice - is there something I'm missing here? Regards, David

reply from maurice

mmakaay
The user info there is very limited. If you need more info, you can follow the instructions that I gave in another thread.
See this thread

Thomas Seifert
September 12, 2007 08:32AM
Thanks very much - this worked. Can you also tell me how I would amend the 'Edit Users' page under Admin in order to show the real_name field in the table of all users?

Regards,

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 08:33AM by dkdo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login