Firefox PHP

Easy Color Scheme Manager

Posted by Joe Curia 
Re: Easy Color Scheme Manager
March 01, 2007 11:22AM
I have just installed this module.
Initoal thoughts on loading the settings page: "Wow!"

However, I get the same problems as vinayacak above. Tbe problem is a typo in settings.php, line 276. The line is:
<a href='/admin.php?module=modsettings&mod=easy_colorscheme&pullscheme=fromtpl'>
Get settings from settings.tpl</a><br>";
but it should be
<a href='./admin.php?module=modsettings&mod=easy_colorscheme&pullscheme=fromtpl'>
Get settings from settings.tpl</a><br>";
(note the extra fullstop)

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz
March 01, 2007 11:35AM
Possible bug report:

[Please note, my site runs a lot of custom PHP before Phorum is called, so this may not be a bug.]

I imported the black and silver colour scheme in this thread and applied it to just one forum. Once I did this, I received the following errors on every Phorum page *apart* from the forum I applied the new colour scheme to:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in </\dam's filepath deleted>/phorum/mods/easy_colorscheme/easy_colorscheme.php on line 27

The problem I think is that as soon as I select "Apply saved schemes to specific forums:" that actually applies the default colour scheme to all my forums. This isn't what I wanted to happen - I wanted all my forums to stay as they were, apart from a selected few. If I may suggest, the user interface is confusing here, as each forum has its own button to apply a colour scheme to, which implies that the others won't be affected, but I think they are.
A possible useablity change would be to:
a) add a new option saying "No colour scheme")
b) remove all the buttons next to each forum, and just have the bottom one update all of them.

I'm still trying to work out why I get the error above. Maybe it is because I never saved the default colour scheme?

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
March 01, 2007 11:44AM
OK, I have more information.
I see know that the intention of having a button next to each forum *is* to only affect that forum.
The reason I thought it wasn't is because there is no visible difference between a forum that has no custom colours and one assigned to "default".

To fix my problem above I ran clicked "Apply a color scheme to all forums" once. This evidently wrote something important (but there is still no visible indication that my forums are using custom colours now)

If possible, it would be good to have a "blank" option to turn the module off particular forums.

I hope this is useful feedback, the module looks great!

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
March 01, 2007 11:56AM
Another issue, but I seem to remember you posting about this before somewhere...
I can't seem to change the Current Page: and Goto Page: text colour in list.php and read.php - I would have expected them to change with "headertextcolor" but they don't. I think this is probably a Phorum template issue?

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
March 01, 2007 06:41PM
sheik
I have just installed this module.
Initoal thoughts on loading the settings page: "Wow!"

Thanks, I spent a lot of time on that settings page and learned a lot of javascript and php coding it.

sheik
However, I get the same problems as vinayacak above. Tbe problem is a typo in settings.php, line 276.

Noted and fixed in future releases. Thanks for debugging it.

sheik
I imported the black and silver colour scheme in this thread and applied it to just one forum. Once I did this, I received the following errors on every Phorum page *apart* from the forum I applied the new colour scheme to:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in </\dam's filepath deleted>/phorum/mods/easy_colorscheme/easy_colorscheme.php on line 27

The problem I think is that as soon as I select "Apply saved schemes to specific forums:" that actually applies the default colour scheme to all my forums.

The problem is that when I coded the "select by forum" option, I assumed that you would have a default color scheme set (as that is what I did so obviously everyone else would do that too :). I have recoded that section so that it will now only apply a default color scheme if you have selected one. Thanks for catching that also.

sheik
OK, I have more information.
I see know that the intention of having a button next to each forum *is* to only affect that forum.
The reason I thought it wasn't is because there is no visible difference between a forum that has no custom colours and one assigned to "default".

To fix my problem above I ran clicked "Apply a color scheme to all forums" once. This evidently wrote something important (but there is still no visible indication that my forums are using custom colours now)

There is no visible difference because the default scheme pulls its colors from your template's settings.tpl file - thus the default color scheme would be the current color scheme when the module was enabled the first time.

sheik
If possible, it would be good to have a "blank" option to turn the module off particular forums.

Blank would be the same as "DefaultColors" so simply select that for every other forum.

sheik
Another issue, but I seem to remember you posting about this before somewhere...
I can't seem to change the Current Page: and Goto Page: text colour in list.php and read.php - I would have expected them to change with "headertextcolor" but they don't. I think this is probably a Phorum template issue?

Correct, I have a post in the Template forum which mentions this. You will need to change the color in the PhorumReadBodySubject style in the css.tpl. At install it is set to black. I simply replaced it with {defaulttextcolor} though you could put in whatever you wanted.

I am glad you have found this module useful. Thanks also for the debugging work.

Joe Curia (aka Azumandias)
Modules: l0Admin Mass Email00000000l000000Automatic Time Zones000ll.l00000Enhanced Custom Profiles0.00Google Calendar0000l.l000000Post Previews
000000000Admin Security Suite000000000000Check Modules for Upgrades0000External Authentication000000Group Auto-Email00000.00000Private Message Alerts
000000000Attachment Download Counter0000Custom Attachment Icons000ll.ll00Favorite Forums000000.00000Highlighted Search Terms0000Self-Delete Posts Option
000000000Attachment Watermarks0l00000000Custom Language Database00l.l.0Forum Lockdown00000.00000Ignore Forums0000000000000Threaded Tree View
000000000Automatic Message Pruning00.llll.00Easy Color Scheme Manager0l.l00Forum Subscriptions0000lll000Moderated User Group
Templates:lGeneric Integration000000000 0000Simple Rounded000000 00000000Tabbed Emerald
Easy Color Scheme Manager - Version 1.03
March 01, 2007 11:22PM
I have finished v1.03 with these changes:

- Added the ability to apply a saved color scheme to each individual template.
- Fixed bug in saving a color scheme to each individual forum which prevented more then one forum from having a color scheme.
- Fixed a bug which could cause problems importing template color schemes.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a problem when applying a color scheme to a specific forum, other forums would generate an error.

The file in the first post contains the latest version of this module.

Joe Curia (aka Azumandias)
Modules: l0Admin Mass Email00000000l000000Automatic Time Zones000ll.l00000Enhanced Custom Profiles0.00Google Calendar0000l.l000000Post Previews
000000000Admin Security Suite000000000000Check Modules for Upgrades0000External Authentication000000Group Auto-Email00000.00000Private Message Alerts
000000000Attachment Download Counter0000Custom Attachment Icons000ll.ll00Favorite Forums000000.00000Highlighted Search Terms0000Self-Delete Posts Option
000000000Attachment Watermarks0l00000000Custom Language Database00l.l.0Forum Lockdown00000.00000Ignore Forums0000000000000Threaded Tree View
000000000Automatic Message Pruning00.llll.00Easy Color Scheme Manager0l.l00Forum Subscriptions0000lll000Moderated User Group
Templates:lGeneric Integration000000000 0000Simple Rounded000000 00000000Tabbed Emerald
March 20, 2007 09:36PM
Hi, I'm not sure if you can help with this, but it is along the lines of this thread, as it's to do with colour schemes (of sorts). My previous post in the Support forum for my query got deleted.

I had a previous version of Phorum installed, but it got screwed up, due to a Server Crash, I couldn't figure out where or why, so I just redid the install, in a NEW folder on my server.

The new version works pretty much ok. However, I cannot get the colour of the LINK, ALINK, VLINK, & HLINK (Hover), to show in the Index page of the Forum. If I go into the Forums, the colours I chose work perfectly.

After editing lots of files in the new Folder/Phorum, I got no success. OK, I copied the files from the old version to the new version, again no success. However, when I edit the config.php to use the old DB, instead of the new DB, I get success with the colours showing correctly, both on the Forum Index page, & inside each of the Forums I created.

I have looked at the OLD database, tried to compare it to the new version, but I just cannot find what is causing the colours of the links to work correctly in the old forums, but not in the new Forums.

Since you seem to have got some joy in a colour schemes Mod, I thought you might be able to help with this problem. My only other solution is completely kill both versions of the Forums, Databases, previously saved back-ups of the files & databases, then start from scratch. But I would no doubt, still eventually come back to the same point, of trying to edit the colours of the links.

Thanks.

---
Snake,
Fangs that bite!

Alternating Background in Thread & Message Views

Tree lines like Phorum 3 (by BrianLMoon) --- My working update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2007 09:54PM by Snake.
March 23, 2007 05:18AM
Snake
The new version works pretty much ok. However, I cannot get the colour of the LINK, ALINK, VLINK, & HLINK (Hover), to show in the Index page of the Forum. If I go into the Forums, the colours I chose work perfectly.

Install firebug to your firefox and then use inspect on the element you want. Firebug tells what css rule is applied.

Then go to settings.tpl/stylesheet and change that value to your liking.

As far as I can see the rule is just:

a:hover {
color: blue;
}

change blue to whatever and add

a:visited, a:active {
color: blue;
}

or whatever.

alink, vlink etc. are not css rules, they are html.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
March 23, 2007 06:01PM
Hi, I checked the css.tpl & settings.tpl files, but both already have my personal colours already changed in them.

However, I did find that there was an error with my server setup, it was for some reason, accessing some of the files from my old version in a different folder.

I renamed both folders, moved them to a different location, then manually copied across a clean install setup, manually edited each file I needed to, one at a time, while refreshing the page in my other browser, to check the updates. It worked perfect.

Thanks for the clue to the issue.

P.S. I never bothered using Firefox before, but I eventually installed it yesterday, after my brother nagged the hell out of me, to use it. I like the Firebug analysis facility, makes for easier checking of coding problems.

---
Snake,
Fangs that bite!

March 23, 2007 11:45PM
Azumandias, I have a question regarding your MOD, can it change the colours of the links (a:, a:visited, a:active, a:hover, etc), as well as can it set the alternating background colours of the forums (index page), the threads inside the forums, & the messages inside each thread, all in Threaded View?

With the clues that Panu gave me, I was able to sort my Linking Colours correctly, at long last. However, I have been having serious headaches trying to figure out which line of code, in which different file, makes which colour work (in alternating colours), & how this affects the look of the Forum. If your MOD can do this, I think it will be worthwhile me give your MOD a try.

Manually trying to figure out what each line of code, in each file does, is taking me days/weeks to understand.

P.S. I hope you can understand what I mean by all this, it's like almost 4am here, & I've been at this (reading, editing, & trying to figure out what these files do) since 7am yesterday (& I've been dozing off while trying to compose this message, LOL).

---
Snake,
Fangs that bite!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2007 11:49PM by Snake.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login