Firefox PHP

Easy Color Scheme Manager

Posted by Joe Curia 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
easy_colorscheme_v1_03.zip 30.2 KB open | download Joe Curia 03/09/2007 Read message
black_and_silver_color_scheme.txt 508 bytes open | download Joe Curia 02/07/2007 Read message
alternating_colour.jpg 94.1 KB open | download Snake 03/25/2007 Read message
Easy Color Scheme Manager
February 06, 2007 06:16PM
EDIT Now on version 1.03 - see the readme for version history info.
CMU Version [1.03]
After some discussion in the template forum, I have written a color scheme manager module. This module allows you to choose a color scheme, based on any template, preview it, and apply it to your forum. You can also save and reapply different schemes.

Installation and Usage:
This module installs like any other module, though it has a number of non-standard files in its directory. Make sure they are all included (see file list below).

When you first open this module it will pull the standard color variables from your currently applied template. These colors will be saved to the "DefaultColors" scheme. Note that any colors found in the template that use a color name rather than the hexadecimal value will be converted to their respective hexadecimal values. You can then change any color by selecting it or clicking in the color code field. You can either click one of the colors shown in the color table provided or enter your own color names or hexadecimals values (be sure to include the #). Once you have chosen your colors you can save them as a color scheme then preview that scheme or apply it to your forum. The currently applied color scheme is always shown at the top of the settings page.

I know the module is a bit rough yet, there is a lot I would love to do with AJAX, but I don't really know how to code in AJAX yet. Of course, I still don't know a lot about php yet but I think I got the basics for this module. If anyone sees room for improvement in my coding, please let me know I am eager to learn. Despite my lack of programming polish, this is a fully-functional module and I hope it serves you well.

v1 of this mod is now closed. Any changes will be bug fixes. Enhancements will only be made in v2 which is designed for Phorum 5.2 and can be found here.

As always, requests for added/improved features are welcome, either email or post here (email included in readme).

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 06:25AM by Azumandias.
Attachments:
open | download - easy_colorscheme_v1_03.zip (30.2 KB)
Re: Easy Color Scheme Manager
February 06, 2007 07:37PM
Great to see results this fast!
I'll try out the module.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 06, 2007 08:28PM

Once you have chosen your colors you can save them as a color scheme then preview that scheme or apply it to your forum.
Is there any way these files can be shared?
It would be awesome if designers could share their palettes on here. I'm thinking we could have a thread dedicated in the "templates" forum showing thumbnails of the colour scheme along with a download link.

Another great feature would be for the module to support different colour schemes per forum. I'd love to be able to colour code my forums easily! (I know I can duplicate all the templates etc, but that would be more hassle to admin - but a colour scheme manager for just one template would be great!
(apologies if your module already does this, from reading above it sounds as if your colour changes affect all forums)

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz
February 06, 2007 08:31PM
sheik

Once you have chosen your colors you can save them as a color scheme then preview that scheme or apply it to your forum.
Is there any way these files can be shared?
It would be awesome if designers could share their palettes on here. I'm thinking we could have a thread dedicated in the "templates" forum showing thumbnails of the colour scheme along with a download link.

The color schemes are saved to the database, but this would definitely by a good feature. I will add it to the Todo list.

sheik
Another great feature would be for the module to support different colour schemes per forum. I'd love to be able to colour code my forums easily! (I know I can duplicate all the templates etc, but that would be more hassle to admin - but a colour scheme manager for just one template would be great!
(apologies if your module already does this, from reading above it sounds as if your colour changes affect all forums)

Another good idea for the Todo list, though I'm not yet sure how to implement it. I will look into it.
February 06, 2007 11:54PM

The color schemes are saved to the database, but this would definitely by a good feature. I will add it to the Todo list.
You could perhaps do this via a textarea box in the settings for the module. ie: to swap colour schemes users just paste some text in which you then parse to insert into the DB.

Another good idea for the Todo list, though I'm not yet sure how to implement it. I will look into it.
Well Phorum already supports a different template per forum, so looking at that code would be a good starting point.
There might be added complexity due to the "inherit forum settings" feature though. I haven't dabbled with any of that code so I'm not sure I'm afraid...

/\dam

--
My notable Phorum sites:
Movie Deaths Database - "review comments" system mostly powered by Phorum
Learn Chinese! - integrated forum quiz
February 07, 2007 12:10AM
I have started on the color scheme sharing. I will have a copy field (as you suggested) and also the option of importing/exporting files.
Easy Color Scheme Manager v1.01 - Import/Export/bug fix
February 07, 2007 08:22AM
I have finished v1.01 with these changes:

- Added Import/Export of Color Schemes via pasted settings.
- Fixed FireFox coding to properly confirm deletion of a color scheme.
- Fixed FireFox coding to properly select colors and undo selections.

More to come as I have time. The file above contains the latest version of this module.

The text file attached contains the settings for a black and silver color scheme. Simply copy and paste the contents. I would put them here, but they don't wrap nicely.
Attachments:
open | download - black_and_silver_color_scheme.txt (508 bytes)
Easy Color Scheme Manager v1.02 - Individual Forum Schemes/Apply Confirmations
February 07, 2007 07:29PM
I have finished v1.02 with these changes:

- Added the ability to apply a saved color scheme to each individual forum.
- Added confirmation dialog before applying a theme to any and every forum.
- Added confirmation dialog when saving a color scheme would result in an overwrite of a previously saved color scheme.

The file above contains the latest version of this module.
February 19, 2007 12:43PM
Hi,

I am trying out this module for our website. We have Phorum 5.1.16 installed.

When I try to link Get settings from settings.tpl, it gives me a page not found error. I have created a new template and I would like to read settings from the new template directory.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Vinay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2007 12:45PM by vinayacak.
February 19, 2007 02:19PM
The "get settings from settings.tpl" link makes the following assumptions:
1 - It pulls the settings.tpl of the current default template as set in the "General Settings"

2 - It assumes the following file structure:
\phorum
       \mods\easy_colorscheme
       \templates\yourtemplate\settings.tpl

So, if your files are not in that structure, the settings.tpl cannot be found.
If you do not have the template you created selected as the default template, it will not look for it. I think I will add to my todo list to let you select from the templates available when looking for the settings.tpl, but that doesn't help you right now.

I think the first place I would look is the file structure. Let me know if that does/doesn't help.

Thanks,

Azumandias

Joe Curia (aka Azumandias)
Modules: l0Admin Mass Email00000000l000000Automatic Time Zones000ll.l00000Enhanced Custom Profiles0.00Google Calendar0000l.l000000Post Previews
000000000Admin Security Suite000000000000Check Modules for Upgrades0000External Authentication000000Group Auto-Email00000.00000Private Message Alerts
000000000Attachment Download Counter0000Custom Attachment Icons000ll.ll00Favorite Forums000000.00000Highlighted Search Terms0000Self-Delete Posts Option
000000000Attachment Watermarks0l00000000Custom Language Database00l.l.0Forum Lockdown00000.00000Ignore Forums0000000000000Threaded Tree View
000000000Automatic Message Pruning00.llll.00Easy Color Scheme Manager0l.l00Forum Subscriptions0000lll000Moderated User Group
Templates:lGeneric Integration000000000 0000Simple Rounded000000 00000000Tabbed Emerald
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login