PM All users

Posted by Brian Moon 
Re: PM All users
July 10, 2007 05:45PM
This is working great!

Thanks for the support :-)
July 10, 2007 06:14PM
Hum, even though the extra option "PM to all users" appears, I get the following error when I try sending my PM :

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALL)' at line 1: select * from phorum_users where user_id in (ALL)

Guess, we're almost there :-D
July 10, 2007 06:47PM
Yes, I guess the updated module will work.
Just install it, no need to toggle the module off/on this time.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2007 04:47AM by mmakaay.
Attachments:
open | download - bulk_pm.php (913 bytes)
July 10, 2007 07:32PM
I installed it but I got the following system message error that did not happen before :

Array
(
)
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /domains/litterature.frih.net/public_html/forum/common.php:877) in /domains/litterature.frih.net/public_html/forum/cache/tpl-default-header-toplevel_stage2-0505925cd4348cc9feca86402f95add8.php on line 5

:-(
July 11, 2007 04:46AM
Oops... there was a debug statement in there.
Remove the line containing "print_var($_POST);" from the code or download the updated version in my previous post.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 11, 2007 06:13AM
I confirm this is working!

I'm sure lots of people could find this mod useful especially when functional with or without the drop down user list :-)
July 11, 2007 06:50AM
Great! Have fun with it =)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 14, 2007 06:40PM
Hi, When I attempt to use this Module everything seems OK until I send the PM. It just returns a white screen. I have over 27K registered users, so I'm wondering if its just timing out or something? I'm hoping it can be modified to work for sites like mine with a large amount or registered users.

Best Regards,

John Shallo
Cruise Addicts
www.cruise-addicts.com
July 14, 2007 10:06PM
Probably not gonna happen. That amount of users will generate a lot of databases actions for inserting messages and it's likely that that will time out. Also, the PMs will generate a lot of mail that has to be sent out. For doing such a large PM spammage, the PM system is simpply unfit.

This requires a dedicated PM-all-users implementation. I do have ideas on what the implementation could look like, but I have no time at all (and no use for a system like that for my own forums) to build this.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 14, 2007 11:16PM
OK, Thank you for the reply and info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login