Firefox PHP

Module for rating posts

Posted by Mensler 
Re: Module for rating posts
August 22, 2006 02:28AM
Was there an error or is it just not counting the user ratings of already rated messages?

I uploaded the script to my phorum directory and ran it from my browser. It displays a blank page. I tried in IE6 and Firefox and I tried with the mod off and on.
When I look at the profile page, it displays 0 for people who already have ratings.
August 22, 2006 06:39AM
Also got this problem now: It is redirecting to a totally blank page with the url (....phorum/read.php?1,325055,325181,rate=1#msg-325181 for example) after giving a message a rating.

Strangely, this is only happening for some users but not on all. For example, I have one user which it always happens on when I try to rate them.

It seems to be the users that had a rating before I did the update.php script...?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 06:42AM by M@AATW.
August 22, 2006 07:31AM

I uploaded the script to my phorum directory and ran it from my browser. It displays a blank page. I tried in IE6 and Firefox and I tried with the mod off and on.
When I look at the profile page, it displays 0 for people who already have ratings.

That's odd. It worked for me without problems.
But I think one can live with it, if not all ratings in this few days where saved for the users :-)

--
Clemens Weiß
Webplain.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 10:14AM by Mensler.
August 22, 2006 10:08AM
ok but the blank screen is really bugging me.

After voting it just goes blank and isn't adding to the total in profile.tpl

:-(
August 22, 2006 10:38AM
Hmmm...it's doing something really weird: wiping the avatars of the users that get votes!
August 22, 2006 10:43AM
Hello Clemens,

Very good mod. ;)

I make a french traduc for your mod. (attach file)

I also put pictures instead of + or - links. ( )

But i have just one problem. I make url rewriting on my forum.
So when i vote negatively it doesn't work because "-" is used like a separator for the url. (ex : read-1-1234.html)

How can i solve this problem ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 10:43AM by momo.
Attachments:
open | download - french.php (519 bytes)
August 22, 2006 10:49AM
Sorry,
I haven't read this message yet, when I posted my last one.

M@AATW
Also got this problem now: It is redirecting to a totally blank page with the url (....phorum/read.php?1,325055,325181,rate=1#msg-325181 for example) after giving a message a rating.

Strangely, this is only happening for some users but not on all. For example, I have one user which it always happens on when I try to rate them.

It seems to be the users that had a rating before I did the update.php script...?

I have no idea. You find a debug version of the rating script as attachment. It places comments at the beginning of your sites sourcecode. Please post them here and we'll see, when the script stops.

--
Clemens Weiß
Webplain.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 01:45PM by Mensler.
Attachments:
open | download - rating_debug.php (12.6 KB)
August 22, 2006 10:53AM
M@AATW
Hmmm...it's doing something really weird: wiping the avatars of the users that get votes!

Sounds like there are problems with the custom profile field. What custom fields are set? Did you set them all manually? What other modules do you use, that need custom fields?

EDIT: If you have made a backup of your database before using the update script as I suggested, you could replace the current row which contains the name PROFILE_FIELDS in your settings table with the one from your backup.

--
Clemens Weiß
Webplain.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 10:59AM by Mensler.
August 22, 2006 11:33AM
Someone have a solution about url rewriting and negative vote (-1) in the url ?
My seperator for urlrewriting is a - symbole.

So it doesn't work.
:(
August 22, 2006 11:35AM
Hi momo,
thanks for your language file and the nice icons. If you agree I will put them in the module package.

momo
But i have just one problem. I make url rewriting on my forum.
So when i vote negatively it doesn't work because "-" is used like a separator for the url. (ex : read-1-1234.html)

How can i solve this problem ?

In the first version I used "neg" and "pos" instead of "-1" and "1". I changed this to make it easier to customize the range of possible ratings, if someone wants to do this.
I'm not very familiar with URL rewriting, but can't you define an exception for this, so that an "-" right after "rate=" isn't replaced by a comma?

--
Clemens Weiß
Webplain.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2006 11:36AM by Mensler.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login