Firefox PHP

New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+
August 03, 2006 10:45AM
Thanks for your patience, Maurice. But where do I change that ? Is there somewhere in the settings ?
August 03, 2006 10:57AM
No. This is in the portable code. In this code, you are using the function phorum_custom_get_url() to override Phorum's URL generation. In that code, currently the relative path is generated. That has to be changed.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
August 03, 2006 11:31AM
It was hard, but we arrived at the end! Evreything is working perfectly! That was a too nice mod for not to give up with the first difficulty, nor to persist with hardcoding which should resolve only my own problem. I hope this discussion was useful to other people. With your permission I may make a remarque on what induced me in error : in portable/phorum_settings.php the default url given in phorum_custom_get_url() is
$url = "$PHORUM[http_path]/phorum.php?$page";
Or, if one uses phorum as portable/embedded, it is because he is calling it from somewhere else than the $PHORUM[http_path] which, if I understand well, is the path of the phorum installation folder. Perhaps this could be better specified in a remark.
Anyway, thanks again for your help and for all this nice work.
August 03, 2006 11:40AM
You're welcome. I'm glad we finally got this straightened out ;)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
August 08, 2006 07:26AM
Here's a swedish lang file.

/Per Mattsson

Removed the attachment. It's now included in the distribution (Maurice)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2006 06:47PM by mmakaay.
August 08, 2006 07:53AM
Thank you Per, for the translation. Beware that this is not a complete language pack for the editor tools. To complete this, the help files should be translated too. I'll add the swedish.php to the distribution, but mind that it's not complete this way yet.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
August 09, 2006 05:56PM
I have downloaded editor_tools-1.1.12.zip and I can't make it work.

I have followed the instructions. Uploaded all files.

But when it asks to modify some files, I couldn't find cc_pm_post.tpl, edit.tpl and post_form.tpl

Not in the editor_tools-1.1.12.zip or in the installed phorum 5.1.13 on the temp files folder while cc_usersettings.tpl is there.

So I have reached all points and in fact it shows the new BB Code Style-Editor but of course this doesn't work.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
August 09, 2006 06:29PM
Does it tell to modify files? You don't have to modify anything. Just unpack it to mod-directory and enable it in admin.

Don't touch any files.

---
-=[ Panu ]=-
August 09, 2006 07:43PM
You seem to be following instructions for a totally different bbcode editor help module! If you download 1.1.12, all you have to do is unpack and activate the module. Read the README file that is in this download and you'll see that I didn't mention any template changes there.

If the bbcode tools work for you on this website, they should work when dropping them into your forum too (asuming you are using Phorum 5.1, since the editor tools are written against that version of Phorum).

If you are trying to install another bbcode module, please post follow-ups in the appropriate thread.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
August 12, 2006 03:46PM
This is the italian version I have translated for the editor_tools-1.1.12

Removed the attachment. It's now included in the distribution (Maurice)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2006 06:48PM by mmakaay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login