Firefox PHP

New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: non java-script display
July 21, 2006 11:30AM
Maurice,

Perfect! Everything work!

You never let me down!

PS: How is the .htaccess fix the problem.

# Allow access to our image file.
<Files ~ "\.(png|gif|js|css|html|php)$">
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Files>

Was it because all images and html and php was block before and cause the problem but then why it was working ok on my Window box and on my test site where my Mambo was installed in a folder verse my live site where Mambo is install in the root?

Thanks

[opensourceCMS.com]
[ongetc.com]
Chanh Ong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2006 11:42AM by chanh.
July 21, 2006 12:28PM
The problem was that without this .htaccess, the javascript file could not be loaded. Since the javascript builds the complete editor tools, not being able to load that script results in no editor tools at all.

On the other systems, you either had the .htaccess from the previous version still on the system (e.g. by copying the new files directory in the old existing directory) or the webserver that you run on those systems does not support .htaccess at all. E.g. if your Windows box runs IIS, then the .htaccess in mods/.htaccess will not be used at all, so no restrictions then apply to the files below that directory.

The postition of your Mambo tree is of no interest here. It all came down to the webserver not being allowed to read the module's javascript file.

I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. With this running in both our embedded environments, I guess the editor tools should work for anyone ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
July 21, 2006 01:01PM
So, without the .htaccess on an apache server that all the images, php,html was disallow so that is why it is not loaded all.

You probaly right in regarding my test site and the Window box on how it would work there.

Thanks so much for the great work and speedy respond!

[opensourceCMS.com]
[ongetc.com]
Chanh Ong
Re: New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+
July 24, 2006 11:24AM
Fine job, works and looks great

This is the spanish lang file

The attachments were removed, because they have been incorporated in the module package (Maurice)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2006 06:54PM by mmakaay.
July 24, 2006 01:47PM
Thank you for the translation Diego. I'm not sure if I'm totally happy with the East Link commercials in the help file though ;-) I will probably modify that a bit, because Phorum does not endorse East Link in any way. The next release will have the translation files in them by default.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 24, 2006 02:26PM
oh yes forgot about that... I customised the files to my site (as I usually do even in the standard lang files), but obviously feel free to keep the phorum original banners. Sorry about that!
July 24, 2006 03:01PM
No problem at all. At my own site, the help won't say Phorum as well ;-)
I'm happy with the translation and so will others. That's the most important thing here.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 25, 2006 02:14PM
Excellent job on this mod!!!

It installed and is working just great. I have two suggestions on the usability front...

1. Add an option in the settings to specify a width for the smiley popup box. I have a lot of smilies that my users want and the current width pushes the box below the viewing area.

2. If the URL code is used but the user forgot to add a description, have the URL automatically added as the description.

Thanks for the hard work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2006 02:22PM by Durtdawber.
July 26, 2006 10:53AM
Both were issues that I was working on already.

For the URL tool, I added a second prompt window for asking the user for a URL description, in case the user didn't select any text to create the link for. If the users still enters no description, then the cursor will end up between the url tags so the user can enter a description there. I do not want to use the URL in full automatically, because some people will paste very long URLs, which will break page layout for some sites.

For the second prompt, I have added a new language string to the module ("enter url description"). Translations for German, Spanish and Finnish are welcome.

In the settings, there are now width and left offset settings, separately for the subject smileys and the body smileys tool. So now you can configure things like "make the subject smiley popup 400 pixels wide and shift it 200 pixels to the left". I think this change will help most sites in fitting their smileys on screen correctly.

The new release 1.1.10 is attached to the first message of this thread.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 27, 2006 09:25AM
Thanks. A nice tool. There is Czech translation.

Michal

The attachment was removed, because it has been incorporated in the module package (Maurice)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2006 06:55PM by mmakaay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login