Firefox PHP

New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+
July 17, 2006 05:05PM
For some reason I don't get the nice icon instead I got a whole bunch of blank.

What am I missing?

Thanks

[opensourceCMS.com]
[ongetc.com]
Chanh Ong

July 17, 2006 06:00PM
Try if you can open a single icon by opening the URL directly. For example your.server.com/phorum/mods/editor_tools/icons/bold.gif. For my site that would be this url.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
July 17, 2006 06:41PM
ok, if I turn off the embed_template then I will see the icon but if phorum is run using embed_template then I only got those blank icon.

So, how can that be fixed?

Thanks

[opensourceCMS.com]
[ongetc.com]
Chanh Ong
July 17, 2006 07:30PM
I am getting reports now that smileys are not working for mac users.

They are reporting that they get a pop up with all the smileys avaiable when they click on the smiley icon but clicking on any of the smileys in the pop up window does not insert the text into the text area for the smiley they picked.

Bill
July 17, 2006 07:49PM
I wanted to add that turning off the new editor tool and turning back on the old one does not work anymore.

The smiley button will not return, I was hoping to be able to disable the new editor tool and go back to the old one until the mac issue was resloved.

Edited to add this:

I forgotten I rename the old editor tool folder to try the new editor tool out, renaming it back made it working again.

I have too many mac lovers that visits my forums so I couldn't use a module that they can't use becasue they are annoyed not being able to use the spell checker and now the smiley thing tipped them over the edge hehehe.

But it still a great module!

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2006 11:42PM by CBiLL.
July 17, 2006 07:58PM
Hello Maurice,
I hope I can try the new version tomorrow. Now it's time to go to bed.
Here is what I had to change to make the mod work while embedded via portable folder.
I think you have to passe by some way the $PHORUM_DIR param which is in phorum_settings.php

My forum call is like that www.mysite.com/forum.php
while forum is in ./phorumdir
and portable in ./phorumportable

editor_tools.php
21 define('MOD_EDITOR_TOOLS_BASE', phorumdir/mods/editor_tools');
44      '<script type="text/javascript" src="phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/editor_tools.js"></script>' .
45      '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/editor_tools.css"></link>' .
46      '<link rel="stylesheet" href="phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/js_color_picker_v2.css"/>';

207         $jslibs[] = phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/color_functions.js';
208        $jslibs[] = phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/js_color_picker_v2.js';

jscolor_picker_v2.js
21	var form_widget_amount_slider_handle = phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/images/slider_handle.gif';
238 	img.src = "phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/images/tab_right_active.gif"
246	img.src = "phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/images/tab_right_inactive.gif";
294	tabImg.src = "phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/colorpicker/images/tab_right_" + suffix + ".gif";
July 17, 2006 09:18PM
I have spoken to the people using mac computers and their issue with the smiley pop up box.

Basically they are saying when they click on the smiley icon, the popup windows opens and load all the avaiable smileys but clicking on any of the smileys does not close the popup windows at all nor it does not insert the smiley text into the textarea of the post. And once pop up window is open it stays open blocking thier textarea or preview or post message becasue it won't close again.

Edited to add this:

Some other mac users also mentioned that none of the buttons works bold / italic / underline etc. but the popups would come up for color pickers or smileys or font size however selecting in them does nothing and the popup remains open.

Hope that narrows down the Mac issue for you.

Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2006 11:31PM by CBiLL.
July 18, 2006 02:46AM
@milos: thanks, I think I can probably fix things here. In my embedded environment things are probably working by accident because of the way the paths are laid out. I will build something to make this work out-of-the-box.

@CBiLL: Unfortunately I do not have a Mac available to test out these kind of problems :-( Are there any javascript messages that could help identifying the problem? My best guess now is that the textarea manipulation fails (because that is what all tools have in common). And what browser are they using? Safari?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 18, 2006 07:36PM
Maurice,
That's all ok. I downloaded 1.1.5.
- Color picker selected text problem: now working
- BBcode "white space" issue : cool, working
- error message in confirmation pages : no more

But: with path issue something curious in this version at
38 require_once("./mods/editor_tools/defaults.php");
I have to leave it as it is and not add the "phorumdir" (phorumdir/mods/editor_tools/defaults.php) while in embeded mode. I have to add the "phorumdir" to any other occurences of "./mods/editor_tools/somefile.* Otherwise I get an error message "file not found..."

Milos
July 18, 2006 07:50PM
That is normal behaviour. The portable code changes the working directory to the phorum directory right at the start:
chdir($PHORUM_DIR);
From then on, all Phorum code runs from the phorum directory. Therefore, the inclusion of the mod defaults file is done throught ./mods/etc (so relative to the current filesystem path).

For the images things are different, because for those the path is handled as a web path, relative to the web location of your portable script.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login