Firefox PHP

New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: Problems with the "bbcode tool color"
May 12, 2007 08:30PM
Hmm..I've never seen this before and I always test with MSIE too. Can you try reinstalling the module and then disable -> enable it in the admin to reload all hook info? I want to see if that's working before diving into this any deeper.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Re: Problems with the "bbcode tool color"
May 13, 2007 05:23AM
Hi,

thanks for your tip. The editor-tool-module was the standard-module included in the 5.1.20 installation. Now i loaded your v1.1.16, and everything is working. Even with IE ;-)
Re: New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+
May 28, 2007 09:07PM
Nevermind...I figured it all out...sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 09:21PM by darone.
May 30, 2007 04:59PM
Hi,
I've updated the file french.php in /mods/editor_tools/lang because of missing section "Color picker tab's text and tabs sizes".
This was generated a bug when you clicked on the Color picker tab's.
And, I've corrected several mistakes in the french text.

Sorry for my english

Pour les francophones :
j'ai corrigé le fichier french.php placé sous /mods/editor_tools/lang car il manquait la section "Color picker tab's text and tabs sizes", ce qui engendrait un bug lorsque l'on tentait d'accéder à la table des couleurs.
De plus, j'ai corrigé un certain nombre d'inexactitudes et de fautes d'orthographes dans le texte.

Edit Maurice: the language file has been included in the module package

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2007 07:33PM by mmakaay.
May 30, 2007 07:23PM
Merci bien pour la version nouveau!
I'll include it in the release of the mod.

Edit: I released a new version of the Editor Tools, which also contains this updated French language file. See the first post of this thread for the download.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2007 07:33PM by mmakaay.
June 15, 2007 12:08PM
Hello,

First of all thanks for this wonderful MOD, it really makes things so much easier for my users this way.

I found a couple of mistakes and incoherences in the french.php file so im uploading my French translation of :
french_editor/lang/french.php.

This file has no translation of the 2 pop ups (BBcode and Smileys FAQS) because i havent recovered any incoherences so far.

Cya's,
Constantin.
Attachments:
open | download - french.php (2.1 KB)
July 05, 2007 07:44AM
I must have missed something, since I installed the mod, enabled it, configured it and ...
It won't work.
[www.genealogy.henny-savenije.pe.kr]

Anny ideas why it won't work?

Thanks for any help.
July 05, 2007 08:19AM
It's closed down for posting and I cannot signup, because that ends in an error message about a duplicate key in the users table. I don't know why that is. Maybe due some upgrading problem?

So I am not able to see how the editor tools look for you. Maybe you had the smiley panel enabled before? Try first disabling the Editor Tools module. Then Re-enable the module. After that, take a look if things do work.

BTW: looking at your page code, I see the sentence " This is a guestbook, you are encouraged to leave messages, so others will see your search" inside the <head> section of your page. That is not okay. You should delete that.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
July 05, 2007 08:59AM
mmakaay
It's closed down for posting and I cannot signup, because that ends in an error message about a duplicate key in the users table. I don't know why that is. Maybe due some upgrading problem?

I didn't try that before, I just upgraded and there were other issues, smoothed them out with the help of Thomas, but this is new.

mmakaay
So I am not able to see how the editor tools look for you. Maybe you had the smiley panel enabled before? Try first disabling the Editor Tools module. Then Re-enable the module. After that, take a look if things do work.

Actually somehow I got it working, I don't really know how I did that (not very encouraging for someone who installed tons of software)I tried that with one of the other guestbooks I have and there I couldn't make it work either, at least not in the way you describe it.
[www.henny-savenije.pe.kr]

mmakaay
BTW: looking at your page code, I see the sentence " This is a guestbook, you are encouraged to leave messages, so others will see your search" inside the <head> section of your page. That is not okay. You should delete that.

Why is that? What's wrong with that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2007 09:01AM by henny.
July 05, 2007 09:30AM
It's wrong, because you are not allowed to put text inside your <head>..</head> section. That section is for things like <title>..</title>, styles, javascript code, RSS links, etc., not for text nodes. See the HTML specification for more info.

That other URL you posted works for me. So I guess there is no problem or you just solved it on your own.

For the problem where signup is failing: Looks like the autoincrement for the user_id field is not working / got lost during the upgrade troubles. You probably have to run these SQL queries:
SELECT max(user_id) FROM phorum_users;

Remember the output from this query for later use. Let's asume it's "1234".

ALTER TABLE phorum_users
CHANGE COLUMN user_id
user_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

ALTER TABLE phorum_users
AUTO_INCREMENT = 1235;

So the value from above, incremented by one. I'm not sure if the increment is really needed, but it wont hurt if you do.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2007 09:34AM by mmakaay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login