Firefox PHP

New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+

Posted by Maurice Makaay 
Re: New editor tools module for Phorum 5.1+
March 08, 2007 04:58PM
In attach file full polish translation (lang/help, UTF-8 and ISO-8859-2). Please add this to mod's package. Thanks.

I have a smile
\:|
and when I select the smile in editor tool on text area show only
:|

--
Tomasz Regdos :: www.regdos.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2007 06:24PM by regdos.
Attachments:
open | download - editor_tools.zip (8.8 KB)
March 08, 2007 04:58PM
Thanks Maurice,
I didn't see a .css file in the PhorumRoot\Mods\Bbcode\ folder. So I added your code snippet to the css.tpl file in the \\Templates\default folder. I dropped it in the 'Read Pages Specifics' section. Is that right?

Also, is the 'pre.bbcode' the correct reference name for the snippet?
If not, where would I find find the correct refernece name?

Sorry for being a PITA. I'm putting myself thru a crash course in HTML & PHP while learning the ins & outs of Phorum.
-Mike
March 08, 2007 05:24PM
I relocated the snippet to the end of the css.tpl file. (under 'BBCode Styles' section)
I noticed there were a few others defined with the refernce called "blockquote.*"
So, I renamed the reference from 'pre.bbcode' to 'blockcode.bbcode'.
I'll try it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your help. :)
-Mike
March 08, 2007 05:54PM

So, I renamed the reference from 'pre.bbcode' to 'blockcode.bbcode'.

Ehh.. don't. The blockquote is what is used for quote blocks. The pre is used for code blocks. The pre.bbcode should be the correct one.

To know what the correct css name would be, you can create a message containing a code block in it and check how the resulting web page source has incorporated the block. As an example, I put the word "test" inside a code block. The resulting HTML code looks like this:
<pre class="bbcode">
test
</pre>
This is where you can see that pre.class should be the right css name for styling the code blocks.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 09, 2007 09:00AM
Thanks Maurice!
Changing it back to pre.bbcode did the trick
Its all beginning to make sense now.

It proably would've taken me a long time to figure that one out on my own. :)
Thanks again, you are truly the best!
-Mike
March 09, 2007 09:24AM
Don't overrate this bit of basic CSS knowlegde Mike :-) If you keep on playing with CSS, you'll find this all very logical soon. Nonetheless thanks for the friendly words and you're welcome.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
March 09, 2007 09:38AM
I just noticed there was a separate piece of code in the BBCode Styles section:
.code {
        overflow:auto;
    }

I figured thats probably important, so I added it (combined the two into one) to the 'pre.bbcode' snippet. To this:
pre.bbcode {
        overflow:auto;
        border: 1px solid #C4C6A2;
        background-color: #FEFFEC;
        padding: 8px;
    }

...Or do they need to be separate.
I now get vertical and horizontal scoll bars when there's a lot of content in the code box.

I remember seeing someone else having a similar issue, but can't remember what thread I seen it under. They observed the text overrunning off the right side, past the code box. I'll have to keep searching and browsing. If I remove the 'overflow' line, I get the same behavior.

-Mike
March 24, 2007 04:36PM
Hi All!

This hungarian.php for editor tools. File encoding UTF-8. Help files in progress.

by

dzsolt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 04:37PM by dzsolt.
Attachments:
open | download - hungarian.php.gz (917 bytes)
March 24, 2007 04:52PM
Great. Thanks a lot for the translation!
I'll incorporate it in the next upgrade.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
April 30, 2007 02:41PM
This module looks pretty nice, but I am disguted about why you use inline script like this:

editor_tools_lang['bold']  = 'Bold';
editor_tools_lang['italic']  = 'Italic';
editor_tools_lang['underline']  = 'Underline';
editor_tools_lang['strike']  = 'Strike through';
editor_tools_lang['subscript']  = 'Subscript';
editor_tools_lang['superscript']  = 'Superscript';
editor_tools_lang['color']  = 'Select font color';
editor_tools_lang['size']  = 'Select font size';
editor_tools_lang['center']  = 'Center text';
editor_tools_lang['url']  = 'Insert URL';
editor_tools_lang['email']  = 'Insert email address';
editor_tools_lang['image']  = 'Insert image URL';
editor_tools_lang['smiley']  = 'Insert smiley';
editor_tools_lang['subjectsmiley']  = 'Insert smiley into the subject';
editor_tools_lang['hr']  = 'Insert horizontal line';
editor_tools_lang['code']  = 'Formatted code';
editor_tools_lang['quote']  = 'Insert quoted text';
editor_tools_lang['help']  = 'Help information:';
editor_tools_lang['enter url']  = 'Please, enter the URL to which you want to create a link.';
editor_tools_lang['enter url description']  = 'Please, enter a description for the URL.';
editor_tools_lang['invalid url']  = 'The URL is invalid. It should start with [http://], [https://], ftp:// or mailto:';
editor_tools_lang['enter image url']  = 'Please, enter the URL for the image that you want to add.';
editor_tools_lang['invalid image url']  = 'The URL for the image is invalid. It should start with [http://], https:// or [&];;
editor_tools_lang['enter who you quote']  = 'Please, enter the name of the person that you are quoting. You can leave this empty if you like.';
editor_tools_lang['x-large']  = 'Extra large font';
editor_tools_lang['large']  = 'Large font';
editor_tools_lang['medium']  = 'Medium font';
editor_tools_lang['small']  = 'Small font';
editor_tools_lang['x-small']  = 'Extra small font';
editor_tools_lang['bbcode help']  = 'BBcode help';
editor_tools_lang['smileys help']  = 'Smileys help';
editor_tools_default_iconheight = 20;
editor_tools_smileys_popupwidth = '150px';
editor_tools_smileys_popupoffset = 0;
editor_tools_subjectsmileys_popupwidth = '150px';
editor_tools_subjectsmileys_popupoffset = 0;
editor_tools_help_chapters[0] = new Array('BBcode help', '[www.phorum.org];);
editor_tools[0] = new Array('help', 'Help information:', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_help()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[1] = new Array('bold', 'Bold', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_bold()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[2] = new Array('underline', 'Underline', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_underline()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[3] = new Array('italic', 'Italic', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_italic()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[4] = new Array('strike', 'Strike through', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_strike()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[5] = new Array('subscript', 'Subscript', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_subscript()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[6] = new Array('superscript', 'Superscript', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_superscript()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[7] = new Array('color', 'Select font color', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_color()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[8] = new Array('size', 'Select font size', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_size()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[9] = new Array('center', 'Center text', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_center()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[10] = new Array('image', 'Insert image URL', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_image()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[11] = new Array('url', 'Insert URL', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_url()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[12] = new Array('email', 'Insert email address', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_email()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[13] = new Array('code', 'Formatted code', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_code()', 21, 20);
editor_tools[14] = new Array('quote', 'Insert quoted text', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_quote()', 20, 20);
editor_tools[15] = new Array('hr', 'Insert horizontal line', '[www.phorum.org];, 'editor_tools_handle_hr()', 21, 20);

instead of external script declaration. This is wasting of server traffic. I am trying solve it about last 2 hours, but I have no luck. Same thing is with style, by default Phorum uses inline style, but now I see your phorum script www.phorum.org/phorum5 uses external style declaration, but distribution inline, thats funny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login