Firefox PHP

Search by User ID Module (5.1 and 5.2 ready)

All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
search_user-1.1.1.zip 12.6 KB open | download Oliver Riesen-Mallmann 09/12/2006 Read message
June 07, 2006 10:21AM

Adds search by user ID for the profile and top user page.

The module replaces the number of posts with a link (showing still the number of posts) to the search by user id page. There is no form on the normal search page.

Supports also the "Topusers in a templated Phorum-Page"-Add-on.

Tested on version 5.1.16 and CVS (till revision 1334) for MySQL. DB-layer for mysqli and postgresql included but not tested. Please give me a feedback if this parts are working for you.

License:

Free to use, modify, or redistribute this code so long as I am given credit for the original development somewhere. This code comes with absolutly no warranty.

Installation:

1. Unpack the archive.

2. Move the directory "search_user" to the directory "mods" within your Phorum installation. Don't change the directory name!

3. Move search-user.php to your phorum-directory. Rename the file if you want to use a localised file name (in this case you have to change the file name also in the settings).

4. Move search-user.tpl to your template-directory. You'll find a appropriate file for the default template (version 5.1 and 5.2) and for Eugenol in /mods/search_user/templates/.

5. If you want to use also the "Topusers in a templated Phorum-Page"-Add-on, you have to add the following line of code in topusers.php after the initial comment block:

define('phorum_page','topusers');

6. Login as administrator in Phorum's administrative interface and go to the "Modules" section.

7. Enable the module "Search by User ID Module".

Update from 1.0 to 1.1:

Follow installation instructions. Additional disable and enable the module once.

Sanity Checks:

If you have problems with this module login as administrator in Phorum's administrative interface and go to the "System Sanity Checks" section. Check for warnings or errors for the Search by User ID Module.

Changelog:

2006/06/07 version 1.0.0 Initial version by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)

2006/07/26 version 1.0.1 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- sanity checking of page var

2006/09/07 version 1.1.0 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Support for future version 5.2.
- Added change sets
- Added sanity checks

2006/09/12 version 1.1.1 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Added change set
- 1340 (http://www.phorum.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/changeset/1340)
- Added auto-installation of default settings.
- Extended sanity checks.
- Including template for version 5.1 and future 5.2.
- Support for the Eugenol template.
- Some HTML fixes.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2006 07:06AM by Oliver Riesen.
Attachments:
open | download - search_user-1.1.1.zip (12.6 KB)
Re: Search by User ID Module (5.1 ready)
August 13, 2006 04:07PM
Hi,
Tried installing this mod to my phorum, version 5.0.18a and am unable to get it working properly. It applies the link to the number of posts on the profile page but when going to the link I get a 404-page can not be found error.

The format of the link looks strange, is it missing something:
[forum5.mysite.com]

Should there not be a page name before the .php?

Thanks for help !
August 13, 2006 04:30PM
I very much doubt that this mod will work on such an old phorum-version.
you should really upgrade.

Thomas Seifert
August 14, 2006 01:40AM
Hi Ponyone,

ponyone
Should there not be a page name before the .php?

Go once to the module settings so that the (default) file name for the search-page is stored.

Please let me now if this module works also with version 5.0.

Regards
Oliver

Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
August 14, 2006 02:46PM
Thanks Oliver,
I did change the file name in settings and also the actual file as well and it sees the new file name after the php? but still no page name before.
August 16, 2006 08:02AM
Hi Ponyone,

ponyone
... and it sees the new file name after the php? but still no page name before.

Sorry but it seems that this mod is not working with version 5.0. I never used version 5.0 and I don't have the possibility to test against this version. I'm still using version 3.3.2c with a lot of individual patches and I'm still in process to switch to 5.1...

I think it's aslo for you the best way to update to 5.1.

Regards
Oliver

Re: Search by User ID Module (5.1 and 5.2 ready)
September 07, 2006 05:54AM
New version 1.1.0:

2006/09/07 version 1.1.0 by Oliver Riesen (oliver@riesen.org)
- Support for future version 5.2.
- Added change sets
- Added sanity checks

Update from 1.0 to 1.1:

Follow installation instructions. Additional disable and enable the module once.

Ta
September 11, 2006 06:12PM
Hi Oliver,

I installed version 1.1.0 on Phorum 5.1.5, followed the instruction but nothing showed up on the profile page, or the search page. I am using Eugenol template.

Please advise.

Thank you

Ta
September 12, 2006 01:24AM
Hi Ta,

Ta
I installed version 1.1.0 on Phorum 5.1.5, followed the instruction but nothing showed up on the profile page, or the search page. I am using Eugenol template.

And what says "System Sanity Checks" in the administration panel? "All is ok", or some error?

Regards
Oliver

Ta
September 12, 2006 01:55AM
All is OK. I checked several time.

Ta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login