Posted by Brian Moon 
Re: RSS feed creation for whole Phorum
December 10, 2005 02:48PM
rss.php is integrated in 5.1.x

Thomas Seifert
December 15, 2005 08:57AM
Hi,

I got rss.php but I would like to get only the thread and not the message to avoid multiple line for the same thread.
So for me it will be better to have the thread id and not the message id

Thanks
December 15, 2005 09:48AM
rangdalf
I got rss.php but I would like to get only the thread and not the message to avoid multiple line for the same thread.
So for me it will be better to have the thread id and not the message id

I have a version that does this. I don't have it in SVN though. I don't know that it will make it into 5.1 stable. I will try to post it here though.
December 19, 2005 01:40PM
soeren
I suggest to add a charset definition to both header and xml entity. Obviousely an author must contain an email address, so maybe it should only be displayed when an adress is present.

With these changes implemented this Feed validates with [www.feedvalidator.org]

[www.feedvalidator.org] says here to me:

------------cut------------

Sorry - This feed does not validate.
line 16, column 18: author must include an email address (30 occurrences) [help]

<author>irob</author>
^
Source: [phorum.org]
------------cut------------

I am wondering how the guys of feedvalidator.org knows my nickname. I am glad about this "bug", that an emailadress will NOT be published there at feedvalidator.org. I already have enough spam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2005 03:01PM by irob.
Minor improvement
January 17, 2006 07:46PM
The rss.php feeds are kind of hard to read, since they have no linebreaks. The fix is to change line 118 of rss.php from:

$data.="      <description><![CDATA[".htmlspecialchars($item['description'])."]]></description>\n";
to:

$data.="      <description><![CDATA[".nl2br(htmlspecialchars($item['description']))."]]></description>\n";

This makes the feeds nicer to read. Cheers!
March 03, 2006 12:35AM
The rss needs a bit more cleaning to get rid of garbage.

I haven't quite worked out how yet, but I'll get there. Consider this feed which is ok in firefox but falls over in IE due to the apostrophes

[www.sh20extension.com]

Currently I've added in the code at the bottom of [forums.digitalpoint.com] but it doesn't seem to help with this specific problem.

I'm surprised this isn't standard with the forum, but I'm sure it will be eventually.

Sarah

Discuss Transit's SH20 Extension - Waterview
October 08, 2006 06:47PM
ts77
if you use UTF-8 thats the case.
The page already tells what to do:
[feeds.archive.org]

The link posted by Thomas is dead, i found the information it probably has given under [feedvalidator.org]

--
best regards
nlights
Anonymous User
August 03, 2009 09:36AM
Peter A. Shevtsov
How to convert Phorum bbCode to html?
It isn't suitable to read Phorum feeds with [ b ]'s [ img ]'s [ quote ]'s etc...

Thanks!

Hello Peter, don't expect too much help from the development team. They are very busy.

I try personally to understand how works this implementation because i obtain a logo with a link in "rss.php?" which shows a magnific blank page wherever it is.
Anonymous User
August 03, 2009 09:40AM
Thomas Seifert
rss.php is integrated in 5.1.x

Well, ok, but this is not a "RSS feed creation for whole Phorum". These are partial feeds associated at best to particular forums not several one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 09:41AM by ab1.
August 03, 2009 09:43AM
What the ...??? Are you responding to posts from 2005 now? That sad, especially with your reference "don't expect too much help from the development team". Please man, stop being such a troll. You want to be a forum administrator; you really should know better than this...

And once again: is there a question in your message? Or are you "just thinking out loud" once more? Are we supposed to respond to your white screen issue?

White screens normally mean that something is wrong and the PHP crashes at an early stage in the code. The most common reason for this is that there is a syntax error in the code. Check your error logs and enable error reporting in the php.ini so you can see errors in the browser when they occur.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login