Firefox PHP

Mac OS 9.2 IE

Posted by matthew 
Mac OS 9.2 IE
April 12, 2004 02:07PM
Hi-

I have noticed that in OS 9.2 Internet Explorer, the CSS for the default template is messed up. It displays with the phorum beginning 1/2 way accross the screen towards the right.

I just wanted to point this out, as many mac users still use OS 9. OS X browser versions do not have this problem.

Matthew
Quabbo.com
PHP Application Hosting
Re: Mac OS 9.2 IE
April 12, 2004 03:00PM
I have worked for support for this browser at work hence I can only tell ... what a waste of time.
You can't call this piece of software (the IE browser for Mac OS9) a recent browser, sorry.

Thomas Seifert
April 12, 2004 03:13PM
I concur. The number of users using OS9 is falling more and more day by day. If someone wants to make a OS9 compatible template, fine, but we will not be testing for it.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
April 13, 2004 04:46AM
I agree, I would like to say the same for Win IE also, but there are couple of people still using those for some reason...

The biggest obstacle is propably getting a OS9 computer with IE in it for testing.

If you find out what piece of CSS is offending I can try to suggest a workaround thou.

Panu
April 13, 2004 01:00PM
oh, I have a G3 Powerbook sitting here that has OS 9 "Classic" with IE for OS9 on it. Frankly, many mac sites don't test on it anymore so I really don't feel we should.

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login