Firefox PHP

Registration doesn't work and other stuff

Posted by Panu 
Registration doesn't work and other stuff
June 01, 2003 09:02PM
When trying to register I get the following error message:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /opt/www/..../include/users.php on line 289
Unknown column 'password_temp' in 'field list': insert into p5_users set username='Va......active=1, password_temp='dc782....32aa0c3

The line doesn't match the current CVS users.php because I tried to add the case from my earlier functioning install.

Also a suggestion for "Last post" lang string. I added another string: "LastPostby" because having the same string in column header and in the row wasn't very flexible. I could not translate it because the strings are not the same (in finnish at least :).

Panu
Re: Registration doesn't work and other stuff
June 01, 2003 09:28PM
Hmm... I "fixed" this error/warning by unsetting unset($userdata["password_temp"]); in phorum_db_user_add.

Does it prevent users from changing their password I don't know :-| And I still get a warning when submitting the new user data from the form, but the page refreshes and I didn't get the error message... Something like "second parameter for something was not valid". I'll report it if needed but now I have to do something completely different :)

Panu
June 01, 2003 10:26PM
the warning is:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in...

Panu
June 03, 2003 12:17AM
I don't have these problems on a recent install.
I think you are mixing different versions.
You should overwrite all the files with the ones from one version.

the in_array-call is probably for PHORUM_SETTINGS which should be an entry in the settings-table containing an serialized array.

I added a new string "LastPostLink" to the cvs to have these both separated.
June 03, 2003 09:51AM
Yes, i had the problem (I could not register at all, it just kept coming back to the registration form) and I then upgraded everything from snapshot. Small pain to make the small changes to different files I had, but everything else is working.

BTW after a new install the admin is checking internal version and tries to install Phorum again. I did not dare to let that proceed, instead I changed the internal version string by hand in the DB. Next time can I let it "install" without worrying I loose something.

Maybe that is why I have problems?

Panu
June 03, 2003 10:09AM
It does not install again. It checks for upgrade files and will upgrade the table-structure if necessary.
seems like the upgrade-script for adding password_temp is not yet in place, but if you don't have this field in the users-table, then add this by hand as varchar(50). Its needed for the current version (for forgot-password).

For the second problem, you are missing an entry in the settings-table, I'll add this to the upgrade-script this evening too.
June 03, 2003 06:35PM
Oops. that is my bad.
June 03, 2003 06:42PM
Ok, those files are changed in CVS. The dump is due at the top of the hour.
June 04, 2003 10:42AM
Thanks, I try it this evening.

Panu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login