Firefox PHP

Crowdfunding for Phorum - Wordpress-PlugIn

Posted by networkinghomer 
Crowdfunding for Phorum - Wordpress-PlugIn
May 10, 2015 04:09PM
Dear Phorum community!

Lets continue with Phorum! It’s a wonderful light software and I will absolutely not switch to phpbb or something other complicated.

However, we should point out what resources are needed and how we get them. One way could be crowdfunding. I know this from other OpenSource projects and I know it can be successful.

So lets start now:

Step 1: What items have to be developed?
Step 2: What are the priorities of the items?
Step 3: How many does the first 5 items cost?

When we put this in a list and we start the crowdfunding.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Wolfgang
Re: Crowdfunding for Phorum - Wordpress-PlugIn
May 10, 2015 04:10PM
I need a Wordpress bridge.
May 11, 2015 03:28AM
I need a complete mobile template.

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
May 26, 2015 04:36PM
Crowdfunding?? Users can make a donation. A lot of donations means the developers can spent more time om phorum:)
You dont want to spent money? Donate the needed code.....

As far as I know, i haven't found the code to keep member data synchroon with wordpress. There are some ways to sync it, but i haven't tried it out for wp.

Mobile template? Yo can edit the template files?? So if you have an already working template,you "just" have to take alook in the "normal" template to see how to convert it. Should not be too difficult.
June 08, 2015 03:06AM
Wordpress plugins add or change functionality to a wordpress site. Just about anything you can program outside of wordpress, you can likely come up with a way to integrate it into a wordpress site with a plugin or turn it into a plugin itself. Wordpress has much updated version to create a template. For more details visit at [www.sitewired.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 03:12AM by william.
June 22, 2015 06:58PM
I agree and like your idea, Wolfgang!

- Tags and popularity field for messages
- WP interface
- Mobile interface
- App
- FB login
June 01, 2018 09:15PM
Yeah I love phorum and I still use it since more than 10 years ago: http://forum.elivecd.org

The only thing that I would need is good anti-spam system :) so reCaptcha (the only reliable and friendly captcha system) working back (v1 is deprecated)
January 29, 2019 02:37PM
Oliver Riesen-Mallmann
I need a complete mobile template.

Just create a template using BootStrap or Zurb Foundation framework and it will be fully responsive forum. I was planning on creating such template using those frameworks but other project took priority so I have put it on the back burner.

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login