Firefox PHP

Edit function in version 3.4.8a

Posted by Houcad 
Edit function in version 3.4.8a
March 28, 2011 12:53AM
Hi, I was wondering if the Phorum version 3.4.8a edit function had the option to set a time limit for editing posts and an option to show how many times a post was edited as well as making edited posts appear as new. I see these options mentioned in more recent versions but it may be a while before we get around to updating.

Thanks
Re: Edit function in version 3.4.8a
March 28, 2011 12:57AM
Those features are most likely not available in 3.4.8a, but frankly, that version is getting too old to remember the exact features that were or were not available. If you do not see them in your installation, then consider them absent.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
March 28, 2011 02:33AM
Thanks,
I don't have access to the admin stuff myself so I am just researching for someone.
This may be better for a new thread but I would like some advice on upgrading to the most recent version.
The site is very big with over ten thousand users and more than 10 years of of high volume post history. We are concerned about messing things up while doing the upgrade from 3 to 5. Does the upgrade script work from 3 to 5 or do we need to upgrade to 4 then 5? Do we need to have access to phpmyadmin to perform the upgrade or is the database managed from within phorum?
We want to set up a mirror of the site for testing before jumping in. Are there any special considerations needed to do this or can we copy the database and copy the site files to a new location and point it to the copied database?

Thanks
March 28, 2011 07:17AM
There is no Version 4 so yes, the upgrade will work from 3 to 5. You will need shell / ssh access to have a full upgrade working without timing out scripts.

A copy should work without problems.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login