Firefox PHP

Where or how to report bugs?

Posted by 1stInternet 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
include_api_cache_apc.zip 497 bytes open | download 1stInternet 01/18/2011 Read message
Where or how to report bugs?
January 18, 2011 10:26AM
Hi,

I'm new to Phorum - I will be implementing it to provide discussions and Q&A's to a private member forum, where each individual page will have a dedicated forum or thread.

I am testing the current SVN version (5179) of v5.2.16 and I found some notices, bugs etc.

Where would I report these? I notice the Trac ticketing is very much out of date.

First issue is that include/api/cache/apc.php is missing 'global $PHORUM;' for the following functions:
  • phorum_api_cache_get
  • phorum_api_cache_put
  • phorum_api_cache_remove

I have attached a Patch for the above.

Also, when I access 'admin.php?module=users' I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in J:\wamp\www\internal\phorum-svn\include\admin\users.php on line 397

In the same module, when clicking on the one of the users I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in J:\wamp\www\internal\phorum-svn\include\admin\users.php on line 917 - the same message but on a different line.

Regards,
Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 10:27AM by 1stInternet.
Attachments:
open | download - include_api_cache_apc.zip (497 bytes)
Re: Where or how to report bugs?
January 18, 2011 12:55PM

I am testing the current SVN version (5179) of v5.2.16

There is nothing like that. What is the SVN url you are using?
[svn.phorum.org] is trunk, aka what will end up as 5.3 once done.

I notice the Trac ticketing is very much out of date.

Where did you get that idea from? Its the way to report bugs and issues.

Thomas Seifert
January 18, 2011 02:04PM
I added the missing global $PHORUM calls in the code, but like Thomas says: you are looking at the trunk, which is the future 5.3 tree. I'll be packing the final 5.2.16 tonight, so if you want to test the stable version, then use that one (or the current RC2 version.)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 18, 2011 03:29PM

What is the SVN url you are using?

Doh! I just checked and yes, I am on trunk. It seems a copy and paste went wrong here, I certainly didn't mean to be on trunk!

Trac ticketing - hmm, not sure what I was looking at. I think I must have checked it too quickly earlier or done something wrong somewhere, as I was looking at tickets from 2007. Actually, I think I might have managed to click on option 2, Active Tickets by Version rather than Active Tickets so I blame it on the mouse slipping at the last moment...

Oh, well. It's just one of those days, it seems...
January 18, 2011 03:34PM

I'll be packing the final 5.2.16 tonight, so if you want to test the stable version, then use that one (or the current RC2 version.)

No problem, I'll update as and when appropriate. Which would be the correct SVN URL for 5.2 developments? svn.phorum.org/phorum5/branches/phorum_5_2/ ?
January 18, 2011 03:42PM
Yes, here's the current svn info for the 5.2 branch:
Language: HTML
URL: http://svn.phorum.org/phorum5/branches/phorum_5_2 Repository Root: http://svn.phorum.org Repository UUID: 3247d6aa-85f2-0310-9c31-93178ea70538 Revision: 5188 Node Kind: directory Schedule: normal Last Changed Author: mmakaay Last Changed Rev: 5186 Last Changed Date: 2011-01-18 20:58:41 +0100 (Tue, 18 Jan 2011)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login