Firefox PHP

MySQL Workbench

Posted by Brian Moon 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
phorum-5.2-model.zip 39.3 KB open | download Thomas Seifert 04/10/2009 Read message
phorum-db-schema.png 388.5 KB open | download Thomas Seifert 04/10/2009 Read message
MySQL Workbench
April 01, 2009 01:19AM
MySQL has asked that someone in the Phorum community use MySQL Workbench to diagram Phorum's data structure. It sounds neat, but I don't have the patience. It's a character flaw. I just keep having flash backs to MS Access.

I thought this might be a good way someone out there could give back. It would be nice to have this in the docs. The MySQL guys have offered any assistance to whoever wants to learn to use the tool and build the Phorum diagram.

Let me know if you want to give it a shot and if you need any help, I can put you in touch with the folks at MySQL.

Here are some examples:

Wikipedia's Data Model:
[www.mediawiki.org]
[www.mediawiki.org]

PrestaShop Data Model:
[www.ecartservice.net]
[www.daveegerton.com]
[www.daveegerton.com]

OpenMRS (Medical Record System) Data Model:
[openmrs.org]
[openmrs.org]

Brian - Cowboy Ninja Coder - Personal Blog - Twitter
Re: MySQL Workbench
April 07, 2009 11:28AM
If they only had a stable MacOSX version :-/

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
Re: MySQL Workbench
April 10, 2009 04:59PM
I did a first try in loading the schema into mysql workbench.
As I'm currently a little bit limited in internet connectivity I'm uploading the current status here.

What is missing atm?
I think there should be some comments in the relations and tables and I'm not sure if the used relation matches what its supposed to do. Phorum doesn't use foreign keys but the relations are all handled internally in the code but I see no way to correctly show this in mysql workbench.

If someone wants to continue the work. Just use that version as a starting point and upload new versions to the thread.

The zip contains the workbench file and the png shows the current status.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting

Attachments:
open | download - phorum-5.2-model.zip (39.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login