Firefox PHP

Problem moving phorum.

Posted by john62 
Problem moving phorum.
December 28, 2009 01:51PM
Hello,

I'm trying to move my phorum onto another server using bigdump and a gz.sql file. It creates the tables in the database but the tables are empty, any ideas, please?
Re: Problem moving phorum.
December 28, 2009 02:30PM
Sounds like you need to request support with the people that produced that tool. This is not really a Phorum specific issue. If I knew the tool, I'd try to help you out, but I'm afraid that I don't know anything about it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
January 02, 2010 06:48AM
Thank you Maurice,

I have discovered tha the gz file when extracted is the same size as the compressed file, could it have been gzipped twice? If so can anyone please advise how to extract it twice.
January 02, 2010 09:47AM
Even when it is gzipped twice, then the size would most probably differ after the first uncompress. If it is gzipped, then you can rename it by adding .gz to the filename and doing another uncompress on the resulting file.

To be sure what file type you are handling, it might be better to open the file in an editor to see if it's garbage code or not.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
January 02, 2010 12:01PM
Maurice,

I can't thank you enough, I followed your instructions to extract the file and renamed it with a .gz suffix, uploaded to my new server and all tables restored back to status quo, marvelous.

Happy new year.
January 03, 2010 08:29AM
Nice job :-) and a happy new year to you as well!

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login