Firefox PHP

Help Request: Recovering a deleted thread and replies

Posted by shawn y. 
Help Request: Recovering a deleted thread and replies
April 23, 2008 11:32AM
I recently set up a message board using Phorum. So far, the board has been a big success. Recently, however, one of the two administrators deleted a fairly long and important thread on the board. I'd like to know if there is any way to recover it. If so, how?

I searched this support forum for information and only found this thread, which I haven't been able to make sense of.

Would anyone be willing to provide an explanation? Thanks (in advance) for any help or suggestions.

p.s. Big ups to the Phorum developers. It's definitely the best message board solution that I found. Great product!
Re: Help Request: Recovering a deleted thread and replies
April 23, 2008 02:50PM
well, if there's no backup of the threads then you can't restore it.
there's no automatic backup done by phorum.

Thomas Seifert
Phorum Development Team / Mysnip-Solutions.de
Custom Phorum and general software development
worry-free Phorum Hosting
April 24, 2008 01:46AM
Thanks for the info, Thomas.

Oh well. Moving on...

: )
April 25, 2008 03:42AM
One of the (many ;-) module ideas that I have, is a waste bin. This waste bin would in fact be a separate vroot to which deleted threads would be moved, instead of really deleting them. That way, you have the opportunity of getting back deleted threads. But as you might guess, this still has to be written and it won't do you any good at this point.

Good luck getting over your loss. One of my mods went trigger happy last week and now is crying out loud, so I know the drill ;-)

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login