Firefox PHP

Language: German (beta)

Posted by Bert Körn 
Re: Language: German (beta)
February 27, 2008 08:36AM
As we all told you already, you can download the language files and all code in the forums without any registration.
Only posting requires registration (which is free anyway).
The license is at [www.phorum.org], phorum-license which is derived from the apache license.

Thomas Seifert
February 27, 2008 09:15AM
We investigated the server logs and it appears that your FireFox browser is sending broken / modified (strike whatever description you find appropriate, maybe you are doing this on purpose through some plugin or so) http refererrer headers. It only sends www.phorum.org and not www.phorum.org/phorum5/...., causing the code to reject the download request since it doesn't appear to be initiated from the forums. Your Opera sends correct headers and is therefore able to download the file.

We changed the setting for the anti-leeching protection to allow downloads from the entire site. That should make the downloads work for your FireFox browser too.

Please fix your browser to either send correct refererrer or no referrers at all. Not something in the middle like now. That could get you in troubles with other sites that perform referrer checks as well.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 28, 2008 03:38PM
@Berti

what are your localization changes? I see something there and there but then english words. [home.arcor.de]
Your work is a work in progress - right?

@mmakaay

Thanks for your investigation which points me to a security risk on my system. I tested refcontrol [www.stardrifter.org] which is a Firefox addon. It is a idiotic addon for a Linux or Unix and I don' t use it so i turned it off. But obviously it wasn' t off. Sorry for that.

@ts77

Is there a link on the start page pointing me to the licence. Can' t find it. Anyway, it is up to you if you link or not. BUT you use the Apache licence 1.1 from 2000 which is historic! You should update it or choose for something else..
February 28, 2008 04:10PM
asdfgqw
Is there a link on the start page pointing me to the licence. Can' t find it. Anyway, it is up to you if you link or not. BUT you use the Apache licence 1.1 from 2000 which is historic! You should update it or choose for something else..

Can you explain why, except for the fact that it's not this year's license? It suits our case perfectly and it's not the Apache license, yet the Phorum license (based on the Apache license). We're open for suggestions, but would like to see better / real arguments why the current license should be changed or dropped. And please don't suggest GPL as an alternative. We avoid that one for a reason =)

The link to the license is currently at the downloads page.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
February 28, 2008 06:43PM
Hi,@Berti

asdfgqw
@Berti

what are your localization changes? I see something there and there but then english words. [picture]
Your work is a work in progress - right?

You must change the defaultlanguage in the adminarea ;-)
- For each forum with german language
- if the must forums in german change the defaultlanguage in "Default Settings"
- or make make for forums "Fixed Display-Settings (user can't override them)" to "NO" Them User can choose a language in the Controlcenter.

My german languagefile is nearly finaly.

Tipp: Here is the official Supportforum in German: [forum.mysnip.de]

Regards
Berti

I speek swabian and german very well - not english :-(

My Phorum on [clever-forum.de]

My testfforum with version 5.2.x is on [test.clever-forum.de] (user: Phorum password: Clever)
March 20, 2008 08:34AM
attached are the same language files just converted to utf8 so that they'll work with the default phorum installation.

Thomas Seifert
Attachments:
open | download - german-lang-utf8.zip (25.4 KB)
April 25, 2008 08:03AM
The german language file from Berti covers only Phorum core (without included modules). If you are using core modules or additional third-party-modules you can try the German Language Files Package which covers Phorum core, core modules and frequently used modules.

Regards
Oliver

Using Phorum since 7/2000: forum.langzeittest.de (actual version 5.2.23)
Modules "Made in Germany" for version 5.2: Author_as_Sender, CarCost, Close_Topic, Conceal_Message_Timestamp,
Format_Email, Index_Structure, Mailing_List, Pervasive_Forum, Spritmonitor, Terms_of_Service and German_Language_Files_Package.
May 30, 2008 02:20AM
Typo in the German files:
'LoginTitle' => "Bite gib für das LogIn Benutzername und Passwort ein.",

Please exchange with
'LoginTitle' => "Bitte gib für das Login <q>Benutzername</q> und <q>Passwort</q> ein.",

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
November 28, 2008 04:37AM
Can someone who maintains the German language files please update this one:

Bad version:

'PostErrorDuplicate' => 'Die Durchgabe kann nicht sein hing auf. Die fehlerfrei gleich Durchgabe hat bereits gewesen hing auf bevor und Aufgabe Duplikat Botschaften ist nicht erlauben in dieses forum.',
Good version:

'PostErrorDuplicate' => "Die Nachricht konnte nicht gesendet werden. Die exakt gleiche Nachricht wurde soeben schon gesendet und dieses Forum gestattet nicht, identische Nachrichten mehrfach zu senden.",

Thank you.

Regards, Ulf Dunkel
November 28, 2008 05:13AM
well, the message itself is fun though =).

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login