Posted by Ravenswood 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
bitmapworld.png 46.6 KB open | download Ravenswood 06/17/2009 Read message
bitmapworld.zip 87.7 KB open | download Ravenswood 07/14/2009 Read message
bitmapworld.JPG 180 KB open | download pulloff 08/03/2010 Read message
Template: Bitmap World
June 17, 2009 08:55AM
This template is called "Bitmap World". It features a sidebar which can be edited to include a list of links (or anything else). The sidebar can contain Phorum template formatting strings.

This template is for Phorum 5.2.

To see a live preview, click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"When given a choice, always choose monkeys."

Re: Template: Bitmap World
June 17, 2009 01:46PM
Minor change to Bitmap World template. Actually, I just added one sentence to the readme file to explain how to edit the sidebar.

July 14, 2009 12:46PM
Version 1.3

Template has been updated to provide built-in support for the following modules:
* User List
* New Message Icon
* (Built-in support for the Announcements module was already present in previous versions.)

Minor tweaks.

Attachments:
open | download - bitmapworld.zip (87.7 KB)
November 20, 2009 03:51PM
Hi

I have used this template for the basis of my site forums. I haven't really messed about with the code too much but used a different header and footer etc so that it looks like the rest of my site. What I am looking into right now is the way that the Tabbed Emerald Template only shows the first folder on the root. Why I need something like this is with the Bitmap World Template is because of the huge and growing list of forums my UK Shopping Forum is using. I am thinking of redirecting all direct links to the forum to the first folder and using the base url to show all the forums off a link. I am just wondering if a quick code fix could be used for now.

Regards
Bluesplayer

My Phorum
November 21, 2009 08:40AM
Your site looks really good. You've made some great modifications to the template.

I can't think of any really quick or easy way to accomplish what you're looking for through the template. Have you looked into the subforums module? You may be able to accomplish what you're trying by using that.

After installing the module, you'll have to edit the template to make it work exactly as you indicated, but I think it will help you accomplish what you're trying.

November 21, 2009 09:26AM
Ravenswood
Your site looks really good. You've made some great modifications to the template.

I can't think of any really quick or easy way to accomplish what you're looking for through the template. Have you looked into the subforums module? You may be able to accomplish what you're trying by using that.

After installing the module, you'll have to edit the template to make it work exactly as you indicated, but I think it will help you accomplish what you're trying.

Thanks!

I have already altered the site now as I previously mentioned. All links now point to the home directory - [bluesplayer-shops.hopto.org]. I have removed the breadcrumb code as I couldn't figure out how to alter it for the new home link but I have built in home links to all the sections so there is a kind of breadcrumb for users. All the other forums do have the breadcrumb code in though. Hopefully I will be able to work it out and replace it. I have put in an 'All' link to show all the forums should anyone want to do so but unless they select that option off the side menu they will keep returning to the 'Home' category. Seems to work fine for me and doesn't cause any confusion.

I have also built in the 'Latest 50 Messages' page which I will probably build upon so that the latest posts from any forum can be selected too. Quite easy to do with the rss feed. I created a hidden folder with a hidden forum with a hacked template which has nearly all the index code removed. You can see it here: [bluesplayer-shops.hopto.org].

I am quite happy now with the way the forums are coming along. They all work off my home server too!

Regards
Bluesplayer

My Phorum
December 03, 2009 08:03AM
Hi

I seem to have a problem with the 'Current Forum Category' tag in my created vroot forums. I haven't been aware of it uptil now so maybe it is something I have created myself. When I click on 'Current Forum Category' on one of my vroot forums it is sending me back to the main forum instead of the root of the vroot forum. You can see what is occuring here: [bluesplayer-shops.hopto.org]. I could remove the code for the Current Forum Category but I might well start creating folders so it would come in handy then. Either there is a bug or I have altered some code somewhere? I have tested the forums with a folder in place but it makes no difference.

Regards
Bluesplayer
August 03, 2010 10:36AM
First let me say thank you for this template, I think it’s a wonderful layout.

Now the bad news… I’ve got a minor formatting issue in threaded view (of course the issue only occurs with IE… Firefox works perfect). I made the layout wider (1024 pixels wide) and it breaks the code of the tables somehow and puts a blank area at the end of the table.

I’ve attached an image and I’ve circled the problem areas in red. The top part of the image is from the list_threads page and the bottom part of the image is from the read_threads page. If I decrease the width back to 900 the issue goes away, but I need to make the page wider than 900.

As a side note… the flat list and read views both work perfect in IE and Firefox, so it appears to just be a threaded issue.

Here’s a link to my “test” page for anyone who wants to see the issue in action:
http://www.pulloff.com/phorum/list.php?5

Thanks in advance for any help.

October 19, 2010 04:30PM
Nice template! I appreciate the side nav.

I found a bug, i wanted to post the sunglasses wearing, smoking avatar.. but instead got the 'confused smiley'
I think it's because they both use the same code:
:S

Can you tell me which php page and line(s) to edit, to elegantly not show the logo.png
I'd like to try it without, as it takes a bit of vertical space

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2010 04:31PM by Trakman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login