Template: Aerial Boundaries

Posted by boxoman 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
Aerial.jpg 87.6 KB open | download boxoman 09/07/2008 Read message
Aeriel Boundaries.zip 76.9 KB open | download boxoman 09/07/2008 Read message
Template: Aerial Boundaries
September 07, 2008 08:55AM
A template designed by Jayse Brock, and inspired by the music of Michael Hedges.

The template was based off of the emerald template. This forum is more compact, so you will not have to scroll as much if you have a lot of them.

Attachments:
open | download - Aeriel Boundaries.zip (76.9 KB)
MB
Re: Template: Aerial Boundaries
October 23, 2008 08:01PM
I downloaded this template. I did not get the color or the font size that appears on this screen shoots that appears in this message. I got a look that pretty much similar to emerald template with a border line of olive green color line instead of green line.
I am I messing some thing here?
October 23, 2008 08:47PM
Try renaming the "./templates/Aeriel Boundaries" folder to "./templates/Areiel_Boundaries"

Joe Curia (aka Azumandias)
Modules: l0Admin Mass Email00000000l000000Automatic Time Zones000ll.l00000Enhanced Custom Profiles0.00Google Calendar0000l.l000000Post Previews
000000000Admin Security Suite000000000000Check Modules for Upgrades0000External Authentication000000Group Auto-Email00000.00000Private Message Alerts
000000000Attachment Download Counter0000Custom Attachment Icons000ll.ll00Favorite Forums000000.00000Highlighted Search Terms0000Self-Delete Posts Option
000000000Attachment Watermarks0l00000000Custom Language Database00l.l.0Forum Lockdown00000.00000Ignore Forums0000000000000Threaded Tree View
000000000Automatic Message Pruning00.llll.00Easy Color Scheme Manager0l.l00Forum Subscriptions0000lll000Moderated User Group
Templates:lGeneric Integration000000000 0000Simple Rounded000000 00000000Tabbed Emerald
November 10, 2010 03:40PM
Hi,

Sorry, this subject is quite old, but I've just installed a Phorum 5.2.16-RC1 on the french provider called "Free" and I use this template.

By the way, the installation worked out like a charm. I just had to be careful about two "Free"-dependant points :
  • add a .htaccess containing "php 5" to activate php5, precisely php 5.1.3RC4-dev ;
  • change the cache directory to "cache" instead of "/tmp".

Now, for the template, I had the same problem as MB, even fiddling with the template's directory name. The solution is not difficult, and it might interest others so I share it : there are three "emerald" words remaining in the "settings.tpl" file. I change them to "aerial" and rename the template directory accordingly, from "Aeriel Boundaries" to "aerial".

I am not sure it is worth to take space on this server for such a small change, but if one can't do that himself and would prefer a corrected archive, I can attach it to this message. Just ask.

Thanks for the Phorum software !
November 10, 2010 03:44PM
Thank you for sharing this information. It is definitely useful to get these kind of updates.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
November 15, 2010 05:49PM
mumblee
By the way, the installation worked out like a charm. I just had to be careful about two "Free"-dependant points :
  • add a .htaccess containing "php 5" to activate php5, precisely php 5.1.3RC4-dev ;
  • change the cache directory to "cache" instead of "/tmp".
It's a bit off topic so a moderator may move this post where it should be (sorry, I am new here), but I've just noticed that in the admin zone, the "system sanity checks" now gives an error for the Phorum cache. As far as I can say, it depends on the directory "sanity_check_dummy_dir/" created by Phorum :
  • if there is no such directory, a sanity checks doesn't return any error (and creates such a directory).
  • if such a directory exist, a sanity checks returns an error.
I can reproduce this, deleting "sanity_check_dummy_dir/" by ftp. I have no idea if this is Phorum's or my hosting service's ("Free") fault.

Best wishes.
November 15, 2010 05:51PM
Exactly what error do you get for "returns an error"?

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
November 15, 2010 06:11PM
I am not sure that is's gonna be helpful. A click on the question mark tip on the right of "Phorum cache" gives :
Sanity check failed
The system is unable to create directories in your cache directory "cache". The system error was:

Possible solution:

Change the Cache Directory setting under General Settings or give your webserver more permissions for the current cache directory.
I don't know how to be more precise. Are there logs in the phorum installation ?
November 15, 2010 06:25PM
You can enable the Event Logging module, which might log additional issues. I don't expect that it would really add anything extra here (but it's sure worth the shot!)

Does Phorum create files inside the cache directory? And is the Phorum functional? If it is, then this is an odd quirk, which might be hard to debug remotely.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
November 15, 2010 06:49PM
Maurice Makaay
You can enable the Event Logging module, which might log additional issues. I don't expect that it would really add anything extra here (but it's sure worth the shot!)
I did, in debug level, but you were right : a system sanity checks doesn't log anything.

Does Phorum create files inside the cache directory? And is the Phorum functional? If it is, then this is an odd quirk, which might be hard to debug remotely.
Yes Phorum creates files inside the cache directory ; not inside the sanity_check_dummy_dir/ but I guess this directory is here just to test that cache is writable by the web server.

My Phorum looks pretty functional. Not many messages so far as I installed it five days ago for my pupils and I gave them the url only today.

Don't bother. If this bug has never been reported before, it's probably my hosting service's fault. "Free" is well-known for weird behavior sometimes. I just wanted to make sure that it's not Phorum's fault.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login