Firefox PHP

Module: BBCode Flash

Posted by Robert Angle 
All files from this thread

File Name File Size   Posted by Date  
bbcode_flash-1.0.0.zip 4.5 KB open | download Robert Angle 11/16/2009 Read message
flash5.jpg 148.3 KB open | download deadguy 10/21/2010 Read message
bbcode_flash-1.0.1.zip 4.8 KB open | download Robert Angle 10/21/2010 Read message
Module: BBCode Flash
November 16, 2009 02:02AM
This module allows embedding of flash files (.swf files) in forum messages by using
the [flash]...[/flash] bbcode tags. Here is an example of how a video link would
look in a message:

[flash]http://www.YourSite.com/FlashFile.swf[/flash]

Even better, you can easily add all the parameters you wish (quality, background,
width, height, etc...) between the tags by structuring it like this:

[flash=http://www.YourSite.com/FlashFile.swf]width=500 height=500[/flash]

A button can be added to the message editor if you have editor tools installed.

Installation instructions:
--------------------------

- Unpack the archive;

- Move the directory "bbcode_flash" to the directory "mods"
within your Phorum installation;

- Login as administrator in Phorum's administrative interface and
go to the "Modules" section;

- Enable the module "BBcode Flash".

- Go to the settings page of the BBcode Flash module to configure
the module.
Attachments:
open | download - bbcode_flash-1.0.0.zip (4.5 KB)
Re: Module: BBCode Flash
November 16, 2009 02:03AM
Admittedly, this module was created by hacking the BBcode Video module :-)

- Bob
June 09, 2010 07:43AM
Doesnt quite work.

Works only when I add "width=500 height=500" manually.

Would be great if there would be a play/stop/pause button ... ;)
June 09, 2010 07:47AM
play/stop/pause seems like a task for the flash movie itself to me. All this does is embed the flash movie in the page. This is not a media player that can play movies or so. If you'd embed a youtube movie for example, I'm sure that there would be play control buttons.

I don't know about the 500x500 issue. I don't use this module myself. It sounds like this might need to be defaults for the dimensions. I know that some browsers tend to collapse the movie when it does not get a size applied to it.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 18, 2010 01:02PM
im using this now as the video embeder wouldnt embed my youtube videos, it just made a link .. lol, but it would be could to be able to set a default size or something,
A) for my members who arnt to uptodate on how to edit bb code
and B) for the browsers that collapse if not.

but it seems to work fine on my browser, but the only problem is the default size is very small (youtube video)
any way i could hack this code just to automatically add the size?

cheers guys
Sam.
October 18, 2010 03:43PM
I'm not familiar with this module, so I cannot really comment on the size issue, but could you please post the URL or code that you use in the embed video thread? I can then take a look at fixing the module. Maybe there's some new format in YouTube URLs that the module does not yet know of.

Maurice Makaay
Phorum Development Team
my blog linkedin profile secret sauce
October 18, 2010 10:04PM
deadguy
but it seems to work fine on my browser, but the only problem is the default size is very small (youtube video)
any way i could hack this code just to automatically add the size?

This BBCode Flash Module is really just a crude hack of Maurice's BBCode Video Module. For YouTube videos, you may want to use his module, not this one.

The module simply takes elements from within the bbcode and places it in some HTML when displayed.

For example, this...

[flash=http://members.jwtalk.net/yhwh/games/plinko.swf]width=500 height=500[/flash]

... becomes this...

<object width=500 height=500><param name="movie" value="http://members.jwtalk.net/yhwh/games/plinko.swf"/><embed src="http://members.jwtalk.net/yhwh/games/plinko.swf" width=500 height=500></embed></object>

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
October 18, 2010 10:14PM
If no height or width is specified, then it will show up as whatever the default is.

I understand what you are saying now. I had problems with files showing up super small also. If flash files typically do not have default sizes within them somewhere, then I will change the module to set a specific default size if no other size is specified. What would be a good default? 500x500 perhaps?

Robert Angle
Ruminations
October 21, 2010 01:49PM
Hey Maurice and Robert.
The problem i was having with Maurice's Video BB module was that all it did was make what ever was inside the /Video tags a link. the Youtube link was [www.youtube.com], but it just made it say "www.youtube.com" as a link
EDIT , i attached a screenshot to show what it does
which lead me to use the Flash Viewer, it showed the youtube video straight away. but i think of having a default in there, as most of my users aren't to savvy with adding the size parameters. but i good default could be 500h 618w. (this just keeps youtubes proportions :D.

Thanks guys . Sam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 01:57PM by deadguy.

October 21, 2010 04:17PM
deadguy
Hey Maurice and Robert.
The problem i was having with Maurice's Video BB module was that all it did was make what ever was inside the /Video tags a link. the Youtube link was [www.youtube.com], but it just made it say "www.youtube.com" as a link

That is very strange. The BBCode Video mod should recognize a variety of YouTube URL's and parse them correctly. Perhaps YouTube links have changed recently. Also, perhaps there is some conflict with another module, although I don't see this is likely, make sure you have check Yes for these in the standard BBCode mod...

Turn bare URLs into clickable links (check)
Turn bare email addresses into clickable links (check)
Show full URLs (check)

Attached to this message is an updated version of this BBCode Flash module, which will default to WIDTH=480 HEIGHT=385 if a user does not specify the dimensions himself in the tag. If you do not like those default dimensions, you can change them yourself on line 15.

Robert Angle
Ruminations
Attachments:
open | download - bbcode_flash-1.0.1.zip (4.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login