Firefox PHP

Module: External Phorummail

Posted by Thomas Seifert 
Re: Module: External Phorummail : New messages turned "old"
October 15, 2010 10:35AM
korsakov
I could not replicate this issue I experienced this morning when I read an imported message, went back to the message list and noticed that the majority of "new" messages had suddenly turned "old". I was not sure whether this might be a general question but it only happened to me this time with imported messages.

I've never experienced that. And since you cannot replicate it, it makes me think it might have something to do with the newflags issue, which is being overhauled for Phorum 5.3

Just a guess, of course.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
Re: Module: External Phorummail
November 17, 2010 11:58PM
Hey there, I can't import via pop3 or IMAP. I also don't get any error message when running via command line. Is there any way for me to debug?

# cd /home/myusername/www/forum && /usr/bin/php ./script.php --scheduled

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.11
Set-Cookie: SESSd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e=fd2ccac3bb2d731337f1e445534fe494; expires=Sat, 11-Dec-2010 08:24:06 GMT; path=/
Expires: Sun, 19 Nov 1978 05:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:50:46 GMT
Cache-Control: store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Set-Cookie: phorum_session_st=deleted; expires=Wed, 18-Nov-2009 04:50:45 GMT
Set-Cookie: phorum_session_v5=deleted; expires=Wed, 18-Nov-2009 04:50:45 GMT

Thanks!
Matt.
Re: Module: External Phorummail vs. Mailing Lists
February 10, 2011 09:00PM
I was wondering whether it was ever an idea to emulate and improve the only advantageous feature of mailing lists with the following procedure: A user subscribes to a topic in a specific forum, he gets notified and replies with a conventional email which will be sent to the dedicated email box for this module, from where it will be imported and attached to the according mother thread in the correct forum. Thanks for your thoughts!
February 11, 2011 04:28AM
That handling can already be done. You only need to modify the from-address.

Thomas Seifert
February 11, 2011 12:34PM
Where would I find this setting or where can I overwrite it? Maybe I was not clear enough: A conventional email reply to a Phorum email-notification will be picked up by your module and will be included in the origin-forum/-thread.
Thank you!
February 11, 2011 03:55PM
korsakov
Where would I find this setting or where can I overwrite it?

In a module or just change the system from address in the general phorum settings.

Maybe I was not clear enough: A conventional email reply to a Phorum email-notification will be picked up by your module and will be included in the origin-forum/-thread.

Correct, or was that a question or issue?

Thomas Seifert
February 11, 2011 06:43PM
Maybe I am mistaken, but don't you need to specify a specific forum within your module into which the fetched messages will be imported? My understanding is that even replies from other forums will end up in this particular forum. My idea is that replies will be distributed to the according forums/threads.
February 12, 2011 02:41AM
You will need different mailboxes and from addresses per forum, thats right.
There is nothing in the post headers which could tell the module which forum this post was directed to. It *could* work by using the raw message-id and "in-reply-to" headers but not all mail clients are using that. Therefore it would have to search over all forums to find some matching subject which is simply too unreliable and slow.

Thomas Seifert
March 16, 2011 12:17PM
I haven't begun to wrap my head around this but was hoping you had an idea for a quick fix.

I am also using the Moderated User Group module, in order that if somebody has a tendency to start trouble, I can move them here and thus all their posts are held in queue until approved.

However, if they send an email to that forums email address, External Phorummail will import the message and post it anyway. Thus, anybody can get around the forced moderation of the other module.

Is there a way to have imported messages first checked to see if the user in a member of a particular group set in the other module?

I know that this really has more to do with the functionality that I had built into your module moreso that what your module was originally intended to do.

Robert Angle
Phorum lover, nothing more.
Ruminations
March 16, 2011 06:23PM
Well, there's always a way but the "Moderated User Group" sets up the moderated / non-moderated status when loading the page up. The "current" user is not available though when loading the cli module as the user is just an email sender and switches for each email.

I don't see hacks for all other possible modules being added to this module. Thats simply not a sane way.
You could achieve that with copying the code from the other module to the start of the message import while using the correct variables from that place.

Thomas Seifert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login